Temple of Atal'Hakkar
- This article is about the revamped location. For the original instance, see Temple of Atal'Hakkar (original).
|Temple of Atal'Hakkar|
|Sunken Temple, Temple, ST|
|Temple of Atal'Hakkar loading graphic|
Temple of Atal'Hakkar (also known as Sunken Temple) is a shrine erected by the Atal'ai trolls, led by their master , to the nefarious Blood God — . Believing that this was the intended site for Hakkar's reentry into Azeroth, the great Dragon Aspect, , and her green dragonflight sunk the temple into the depths of the Swamp of Sorrows... but the dragons unwittingly aided the Atal'ai by ensuring their efforts to summon Hakkar went on undisturbed.
The Temple requires a minimum level of 45 to enter. The mob level range is 46-54, with the bosses being 55. The recommended level range is 52-55.
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Quests
- 4 Walkthrough
- 5 Resources
- 6 Loot
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Gallery
- 9 In the RPG
- 10 Notes
- 11 Patches and hotfixes
- 12 References
- 13 External links
From Blizzard's Official World Dungeons site:
- Over a thousand years ago, the powerful Gurubashi Empire was torn apart by a massive civil war. An influential group of troll priests, known as the Atal'ai, attempted to bring back an ancient blood god named Hakkar the Soulflayer. Though the priests were defeated and ultimately exiled, the great troll empire buckled in upon itself. The exiled priests fled far to the north, into the Swamp of Sorrows. There they erected a great temple to Hakkar - where they could prepare for his arrival into the physical world. The great dragon Aspect, Ysera, learned of the Atal'ai's plans and smashed the temple beneath the marshes. To this day, the temple's drowned ruins are guarded by the green dragons who prevent anyone from getting in or out. However, it is believed that some of the fanatical Atal'ai may have survived Ysera's wrath - and recommitted themselves to the dark service of Hakkar.
|Inside||Chamber of the Dreamer • Lair of the Chosen • The Pit of Sacrifice • Sanctum of the Fallen God|
|Outside||The Broken Hall • The Butchery • Chamber of Blood • Den of the Caller • Hall of Bones • Hall of Masks • Hall of Ritual|
|Subzones removed in the Shattering:||Hall of Serpents • Hall of the Cursed • The Pit of Refuse|
Entering the dungeon
Swim through the flooded depths of the Broken Hall, then follow the passageway to the right to find the Hall of Masks. The instance portal is here. In the passageway outside this room, the hallway proceeds to the left and the right. To the right, it goes down to the Chamber of Blood. To the left is The Butchery. Proceeding through the Den of the Caller, to the left through the Hall of Ritual, then down, you will find the Hall of Bones. Upon entering the instance portal, you will find yourself with Itharius, a green dragon, and you will be in the central room filled with corrupt dragonkin.
Jammal'an the Prophet
- Main article: Jammal'an the Prophet
Jammal'an must be killed before heading to . You can reach him by heading through the southeastern passage of the room, to the eastern part of the dungeon known as the Lair of the Chosen. The whole room must be cleared before engaging the boss, or they will join in the fight. These packs may fear, so pull them into a corner. Each of these mobs, when killed, will create an aggressive spirit that is immune to all damage and abilities; however each will die automatically after a few seconds. These spirits have very high melee damage, so move away from them until they disappear. After clearing the entire room, you can take on and . Kill Jammal'an first, as he has the ability to turn one party member against the rest.
Wardens of the Dream
- Main article: Wardens of the Dream
Before awakening the final boss, you'll have to defeat his children, four large green dragons. If not killed, they will join the fight later on. First, take out and , pulling them back to a spot away from other dragonkin. Keep these drakes turned away from the group, as they have acid spit that can spread across all five members. Through hallway to the south, the final boss is protected by two more large drakes, and .
- Main article: Shade of Eranikus
is sitting alone in a large room. Simply tank Shade like any other dragon, to one side so melee DPS is standing at his stomach and ranged is safely away from his face and tail. This fight may be tricky as the boss casts two stuns. The first, Deep Slumber, makes the target invulnerable and stunned for 8 seconds. The second is which will stun all enemies in melee range for 4 seconds. When the tank becomes stunned, it is helpful for a melee to taunt or to take aggro on the boss so he does not destroy the rest of the group.
Avatar of Hakkar
- Main article: Avatar of Hakkar
The Avatar of Hakkar is an optional boss which may be taken in any order the party wishes. A party member must have the to summon this boss, from the quest . After completion of this quest, the player keeps the egg, so that the Avatar may be summoned in the future any number of times. Head to the west wing of the dungeon, known as the Sanctum of the Fallen God. Click the Shrine of the Soulflayer to summon the . Once summoned, gates at each side of the room will fall, and remain until the boss is killed.
- Main article: Temple of Atal'Hakkar loot
In the RPGThis section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.
The area is known as the Lost Temple. This temple is located underneath the middle of the Swamp of Sorrows, where the monsters are the thickest. Also known as the Sunken Temple, trolls built it many centuries ago, using it to focus demonic arcane magic. They fell to its corrupting influences. The green dragonflight has since taken over the area, attempting to cleanse the temple, but the dragons frequently fail and lose some of their number in the attempt. Now they see it as their duty to guard the temple from others who may be controlled by the power inside.
Several orcs have explored this area while keeping clear of the green dragons on watch. Some were even able to question surreptitiously the less intelligent of the green dragons and pull some information about the area from them. Long ago, the trolls here attempted to summon and control Hakkar, an old god of theirs. Eranikus the Green, a powerful dragon, was sent in to contain Hakkar's evil and cleanse the temple. Although he sunk the temple below the waters, over time Eranikus went crazy. That's the story, anyway, but no one has come close enough to the temple to verify it.
- With Patch 4.0.3a all floors below the top and the bosses they contained have been removed. In the original version, upon pressing a snake statues in the Pit of Refuse in the proper order, the dire troll boss spawned in the middle of the pit. In addition, in order to kill Jammal'an, you had first to kill , , , , , and , who were standing on the six ledges overlooking the Pit of Sacrifice. Once all six are dead, the shield protecting Jammal'an faded, and he was reachable.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-02): "Fixed a bug that caused the map to be unviewable in Temple of Atal'hakkar"
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): All floors below the top and the bosses they contained have been removed. Level range raised to 52-55.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Level range reduced from 50-56 to 45-50.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The minimum level requirement on the Temple of Atal'Hakkar Meeting Stone has been properly assigned.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Capped at ten players.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): The Drakes in Sunken Temple have had their drop rates increased. New items have been added to their loot tables as well.
- Patch 0.8 (2004-07-07): Opened and itemized.