Temple of Kotmogu
- For the scenario, see Temple of Kotmogu (scenario).
Temple of Kotmogu is a 10vs10 resource race battleground for level 90 players, introduced in Mists of Pandaria. Located in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the objective of the battleground is to hold orbs of power for as long as possible, accumulating points but taking (and dealing) more damage the longer you hold it.
- During the lost days of ancient Pandaria, the ruling mogu built temples not unlike themselves – immense in size, vast in scope, and steeped in forces as old as the ground beneath their feet. Stony statues of the mogu still glare down from their long-vacant temples, and echoes of their supremacy persist to the present day. Inside the autumnal Temple of Kotmogu, a vicious melee has erupted over artifacts the mogu left behind: treasures older than the bloodlines of human kings and the clans of orcs, orbs of power that have bathed in the energies of Pandaria for ages. Will they bring the might of the mogu to the Horde or Alliance?
The struggle to absorb the power of ancient mogu artifacts begins with entrants to the temple outside its gates on opposed sides. At the beginning of the battle, each faction’s group will burst through the gates and rush to claim the orbs that appear in the four corners of the temple.
Once you or your teammates have retrieved an orb, hold onto it as long as you can; continuing to hold an orb will net you a steady stream of points.
Protect the orb holders on your team from the attacks of your enemies – they earn a significant amount of victory points! Also, be sure that your team strikes at the opposing team’s orb carriers for the very same reason.
Victory in the Temple of Kotmogu is determined by success in capturing and holding four powerful mogu orbs. The four orbs (green, blue, purple and orange) wait in four corners of the map.
Holding an orb earns your team victory points for as long as it’s held – but the power radiated by the orb also grants you the aspect of the mighty mogu, enlarging you to make you a clear target for your opposition. Orb-holders deal and receive increased damage, and the healing they receive is reduced. These effects are minor at first, but they increase quickly over time while the orb-holder lives.
A player can only pick up one orb at a time (though multiple teammates can pick up multiple orbs); holding an orb also prevents you from using your mount. If you’re slain while holding an orb, it will be returned to its point of origin inside the temple.
Holding an orb in different parts of the zone will net your team differing amounts of power, represented as victory points. Stay in the center of the map to earn the most points – the surrounding plaza earns slightly fewer, and holding an orb outside of the temple even less (though you’ll have more room to maneuver). The farther you are from the heart of the temple, the fewer points you’ll earn.
Delivering a killing blow to one of your enemies will net your team a significant number of victory points.
The Horde and Alliance wage battle for the ancient Mogu artifact that is foretold to hold great powers. Temple of Kotmogu is a 10 vs 10 Powerball battleground where each side attempts to control the Mogu artifact for as long as possible in different scoring zones.
|Win Temple of Kotmogu.||10|
|Complete 100 victories in Temple of Kotmogu.||10|
|Hold all four Orbs of Power at least once in a single Temple of Kotmogu battle.||10|
|Hold an Orb of Power in the center of the Temple of Kotmogu for 90 seconds.||10|
|Kill 100 enemies that are holding an Orb of Power.||10|
|Kill 100 enemies while holding an Orb of Power.||10|
|Win Temple of Kotmogu while controlling all 4 Orbs of Power.||10|
|Earn 8,000 Victory Points for your team in Temple of Kotmogu.||10|
|Hold four Orbs of Power and kill four enemies who are holding an Orb of Power in a single Temple of Kotmogu match.||10|
|Complete the Temple of Kotmogu achievements listed below.
- Tentatively called 'Valley of Power' when first announced at Blizzcon 2011.
- A scenario was planned to play out here, also called the Temple of Kotmogu, however it did not make it out of the beta phase.
- The battlemasters related to this battleground were Huojin Envoys on the side of the Horde and Tushui Emissaries on the side of the Alliance, indicating the battleground is a resource war between the Huojin Pandaren and the Tushui Pandaren.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Demon Hunters can no longer go beyond the expected boundaries of the Temple of Kotmogu battleground."
- Hotfix (2014-05-27): "Characters in a Tanking specialization in a Rated Battleground now take 50% additional damage (up from 20%) while holding an orb in Temple of Kotmogu or escorting a mine cart in Deepwind Gorge."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
- ^ World of Warcraft - Game Guide - Temple of Kotmogu. Retrieved on 2012-10-20.