Teremus the Devourer is a massive rare black drake that can be found flying around the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands.
- Cleave — Inflicts 110% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Flame Breath — Inflicts Fire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster.
- Knock Away — Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to nearby enemies and knocks them back.
- Soul Consumption — Drains health from nearby enemies, healing the caster.
Teremus was once a level 60 elite drake with 91,560 health. It was usually necessary for a balanced group to kill him back in the days before the Burning Crusade.
Teremus is an easy world boss and can be taken down without trouble by a balanced group of level 60 characters. It should take no more than 10 characters in blue-quality gear and 5 or fewer in epic-level gear.
Teremus is a pretty standard dragon. He has a flame breath, so face him away from the rest of the group. He is also immune to most DoTs, fire spells, and frost spells. Simply avoid using these abilities and DPS him down. He can be taunted.
- A popular pastime was to kite Teremus to Stormwind or another city/town to grief fellow players. This is no longer possible because of the "leashing" mechanic.
Teremus being kited to Stormwind City
- Druids sometimes take up the challenge of soloing this guy, though it does require them to shapeshift out and heal depending on their gear level.
- Can be easily soloed by almost any class 70+.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 60 to 58. No longer elite.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Aggro table modified.
- Be careful hunting in Blasted Lands as Teremus the Devourer will be much more aggressive.