|Level: 62 - 80|
Battle Pet Level: 18 - 19
Terokkar Forest (pronounced "TEH-row-kawr"), once known as Talador and the Spires of Arak, is a zone in Outland located east of Nagrand, west of Shadowmoon Valley, southeast of Zangarmarsh, and southwest of Hellfire Peninsula. This forest was most likely named after Terokk, the greatest king in arakkoa history. Formerly it was known as Talador.
Terokkar was seen as the Bone Wastes in previous maps and lore sources, but the Bone Wastes themselves are now a sub-region within the Terokkar Forest zone.
Once known as Talador, the region was a forest of red and orange leaved trees that bathed the entire area in a perpetual autumn hue. These beautiful olemba trees, and the draenei's equally impressive gardens surrounded the draenei's greatest city on Draenor; Shattrath. A splendorous monument to the skills of the draenei artificers, even in exile, the city's greatness was matched by that of the holy mausoleum Auchindoun; the place where all draenei souls prepared for their journey into the afterlife and where many of their bodies were laid to rest. The smaller city, Tuurem, was just as noteworthy as its more magnificent neighbors as it sat at a crossroads in the area and one seeking to travel from Shattrath to Karabor would likely pass through the city. At this time, only the region closest to the Spires of Arak was known as Terokkar Forest by the Arakkoa Outcasts and it was under their control.
When the Orcish Horde rampaged across Draenor, Talador was rendered the draenei's final stronghold. The Orcish Horde were repelled from Talador for a time, but when they imbibed the Blood of Mannoroth the demonic fury they were granted gave them the power they needed to cut through to the city of Shattrath itself. Their fel magic corrupted the region, turning the red and orange trees a pale, dusky green that transformed the forest into a dark, eerie woodland. The siege of Shattrath ultimately left the city in ruins and the draenei scattered and presumed extinct by the orcs and their Burning Legion masters.
Once the majority of the Orcish Horde departed for Azeroth, all of Talador came under the dominion of the Arakkoa Outcasts and it was all renamed Terokkar in honor of their lost king. At a later point, the orcs who had conquered Auchindoun performed a ritual that destroyed the building and much of the surrounding area, creating the Bone Wastes.
The multi-winged instance Auchindoun can be found in this zone, containing four separate 5-man dungeons. There are no raid dungeons, micro dungeons, battlegrounds, or arenas in this zone. The spirit towers of the Bone Wastes provide a world PvP opportunity.
Every so often you can hear a roar while near Auchindoun - this is Teribus the Cursed, flying in circles around Auchindoun.
Maps and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size|
- Bone Wastes: In the Bone Wastes to the south, surrounding the ruins of Auchindoun, there are five Spirit Towers. These spirit towers can be captured by players who are PvP flagged. If all five towers become captured by a single faction, that faction gets a zone-wide Blessing of Auchindoun aura (buff) which lasts for six hours. The aura gives +5% Damage, +5% Experience Gain, and the ability to create a in the Auchindoun instance. Spirit Shards can be spent at Spirit Sage Gartok at Stonebreaker Hold or Spirit Sage Zran at Allerian Stronghold.
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
- Main article: Terokkar Forest NPCs
Notes and trivia
- The virtual version of the band Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain performs on Terokkar Forest at the Darkmoon Faire and in the World's End Tavern every three hours, added with the Patch 2.4.3.
- Prior to the release of World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 there were conflicting sources regarding the number of times Auchindoun had exploded and created the Bone Wastes. The novel Beyond the Dark Portal stated an explosion during the war against the draenei, while ingame text said the explosion occurred two years before the events of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.
Concept art of where the forest meets the Bone Wastes.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Level scaling implemented, previous zone level: 62 - 65.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.