110 (Requires 110)
First, we must inform them of the invitation. I prefer to do such things in person.
Please, come with me to Suramar and meet with Lady Thalyssra.
- 16,450 XP
- Upon accept
- Lady Liadrin says: The regent lord invited the nightborne to Silvermoon. I am to travel to Suramar and escort Lady Thalyssra to the meeting.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I am counting on you both. Do not return until Suramar's strength is pledged to the Horde.
- Lady Liadrin says: As you command, Warchief. I will meet you at Lady Thalyssra's estate in Suramar, <Name>.
- Upon completion
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Greetings, Lady Liadrin, <Name>. Welcome back to Suramar. I am pleased to receive you under more pleasant circumstances.
- Lady Liadrin says: It is good to see your city free, First Arcanist.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: For that, we owe you both a great debt. You proved instrumental to our cause.
- Lady Liadrin says: The Horde was proud to fight by your side against the Burning Legion, my lady.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: I must admit, when I first learned of the Horde, I was skeptical that we would share common ground.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: I though our kin from Kalimdor would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.
- Thalyssra turns and summons a vision of herself and Tyrande Whisperwind, from the Alliance side of .
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... the next Azshara?
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We do not intend to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the Legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that... we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.
- Thalyssra ends the vision and turns back to Liadrin.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: It would seem "Elune's wisdom" guided her away from the bond we once shared. So be it.
- Lady Liadrin says: The sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens or hid in trees while my people fought to save this world.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: The Alliance feels too walled off... too cloistered. My people will never endure such stagnation again.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: That is why I am grateful for your invitation to Silvermoon. I would like to inquire whether there could be a place for the nightborne in your Horde.
- The conversation between Thalyssra and Liadrin was controversial among some players. It's been argued that Liadrin glorifies and exaggerates the high elves' role in world affairs while downplaying or dismissing the night elves' own, when arguably the night elves were more active on the world stage than the largely insulated high elves. Thalyssra's dismissal of the Alliance, seemingly predicated on Tyrande's less-than-friendly attitude during the Suramar campaign, was also criticized as somewhat petty of the otherwise fair-minded Thalyssra.
- Liadrin makes a number of false claims:
- The sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot.
- Yet for many ages her people slept in dens or hid in trees...
- ...while my people fought to save this world.
- It is unknown what world-saving event she is referring to. Quel'Thalas had been highly isolationist and did not show interest in threats until they came to its doorstep, such as during the Second War.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Added.