Thane Banahogg is one of the challenges in the combat ring of Valhalas in Icecrown.
- Geirrvif says: Look to the southeast and you will see the thane upon the platform near Gjonner the Merciless when he shows himself. Let him come down. Stay within the ring of Valhalas.
- Geirrvif yells: Thane Banahogg returns to Valhalas for the first time in ages to prove that the vrykul are the only beings worthy to fight within its sacred ring. Will <name> prove him wrong?
- Thane Banahogg appears upon the overlook to the southeast!
- Thane Banahogg yells: ENOUGH! You tiny insects are not worthy to do battle within this sacred place! You do not fight with honor! You do not even ascend!
- Thane Banahogg yells: Fight me and die you cowards!
- Thane Banahogg says: Haraak foln!
- Geirrvif yells: Thane Banahogg the Deathblow has fallen to <name> and <his/her> fighting companions. <He/She> has but one challenge ahead of <him/her>. Who will it be?
- Execute (Attempts to finish off a wounded enemy, inflicting normal damage plus additional damage. Execute can only be used on enemies that have 20% or less health.)
- Leap (leaps?)
- Mortal Strike (Inflicts 130% weapon damage and leaves the target wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 50% for 5 sec.)
- Punt (Deals 7540 to 8460 damage to a target, knocking them up into the air.)
- Whirlwind (Attacks nearby enemies in a whirlwind of steel that inflicts normal damage plus 100.)