- For his pre-Wrath of the Lich King encounter, see . For his strategy on the encounter, see .
|Character class||Death knight, Paladin (formerly)|
|Former affiliation(s)||The Silver Hand|
|Occupation||One of the Four Horsemen|
|Location||Military Quarter, Naxxramas|
|Status||Deceased (lore, presumed), Killable (WoW)|
Korth'azz is a fallen dwarf paladin. There is speculation that he fell to the Scourge after Uther's death, as he might have been a leading member of the Knights of the Silver Hand. This is at least partially confirmed when refers to Korth'azz as "one of Uther's men".
Korth'azz likely represents the "Pale Rider of Death", based on his light green color scheme.
AshbringerThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft comics.
Thane Korth'azz witnessed the enslaving of Alexandros Mograine by Kel'Thuzad. He later fought against the party led into Naxxramas. He traded blows (and insults) with until Brannigan was slain by Sir Zeliek. He then struck in the back of the head and used his fire magic to free Highlord Mograine from Castillian's freezing spell. He was finally defeated when Darion struck him down with the .
Wrath of the Lich KingThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Thane Korth'azz survived his encounter in the first siege against Naxxramas in the Eastern Plaguelands (or was reanimated), and subsequently returns as one of the Four Horsemen in the newly relocated necropolis floating above the Dragonblight.
- Stuff a socking in it, Zeliek!
- Stand down, ye dull-witted twirlybird!
- Kiss me arse, ye soft-noggined nancy boy!
- That'll do with the parlor tricks, magic man.
- Oh no ye don't, boy!
- Thane Korth'azz yells: To arms, ye roustabouts! We've got company!
- yells: Invaders! Cease this foolish venture at once! Turn away while you still can!
- yells: Come, Zeliek, do not drive them out. Not until we've had our fun!
- yells: Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.
- Lady Blaumeux yells: I do hope they stay long enough for me to... introduce myself.
- Sir Zeliek yells: Perhaps they will come to their senses... and run away as fast as they can.
- Thane Korth'azz yells: I've heard enough a' yer snivelin'! Shut your flytrap before I shut it for ye'!
- Baron Rivendare yells: Conserve your anger. Harness your rage. You will all have outlets for your frustrations soon enough.
- I'm gonna enjoy killin' these slack-jawed daffodils!
- Come out and fight, ye wee ninny!
- Killing a player
- Next time, bring more friends!
- I like my meat extra crispy!
- What a bloody waste this is!
- An unused NPC representing a modern version of Thane Korth'azz was added roughly at the same time as matching versions of the three other original Horsemen, all presumably meant to appear in World of Warcraft: Legion. He and these other NPCs didn't make it out of the Legion alpha stage.
It is possible that Korth'azz didn't meet his final death, just like .