The Arcanic Oubliette
87 (Requires 86)
Find and disable the 3 Oubliette Shackles.
- Northeast Oubliette Shackle destroyed
- Northwest Oubliette Shackle destroyed
- Southwest Oubliette Shackle destroyed
Unfortunately, the coordinates provided on the tablets were warded and the portal that meant to take us to our destination landed us in this oubliette.
We have been trapped here for days, and it is slowly leaching our energies to power itself.
Can you find the nearby shackles that bind the oubliette and disable them?
("Lorekeeper Vaeldrin: His voice echoes in your mind.")
Fabulous! Your timing was impeccable. Another day in there and I think we would have wasted away to nothing.
Now we can continue our search for the Pools of Youth!
- 129,000 XP
Running south along the road to either find Kang Bramblestaff for , or Koro Mistwalker for , Alliance adventurers will run close to the Incursion. Lorekeeper Vaeldrin sends out a desperate mental call for help and offers this quest using the remote quest interface.
- Lorekeeper Vaeldrin says: Look for the shackles around the edges of the oubliette. There should be three.
Vaeldrin also casts mind vision and will whisper as players look at areas of interest.
- Kang Bramblestaff
- Ah, <name>! I was searching for the Hidden Master when I came across this big purple thing with a bunch of little purple things inside.
- Looks like an old mogu magic trap. Thankfully they don't know how to build these anymore.
Should players try to run through the oubliette near Kang Bramblestaff, he will chime in with various quips:
- Yeah, I tried to hop through that thing too.
- I've punched it, kicked it, smacked it, thwacked it. Nothing seems to break this oubliette.
- Once the trap is sprung no one gets in or out until the people trapped are completely drained of life. Mogu are evil.
- Careful. Get stuck in that and it will drain your life to power itself.
The Oubliette will hit for 17896 Spellshadow damage. The three shackles are outside the purple dome. Pop all three and the oubliette will come down. Pick up the flight path from Tylen Moonfeather, then speak to Vaeldrin. Don't forget to turn in either.
- Lyalia says: Father, we need to deal with the Horde scout first.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.