The Archmage Accosted
110 (Requires 110)
Confront Archmage Xylem.
- Confront Archmage Xylem
- Follow through the portal
With the barrier dispelled, Archmage Xylem is finally within reach!
Hopefully he'll be cooperative in returning the Iris...
It is as I feared, the archmage is beyond reason... and now he is beyond reach.
You have done a great thing here, freeing his apprentices from his corruption, but the fight is not over yet.
- 16,450 XP
- Quest accept
- Joanna says: Beware, <class>. The archmage may not great you with his usual jovial demeanor.
- Joanna says: The grimoire's hold on him has grown stronger of late. He has become paranoid and obsessive.
- On approach
- The adventurer is briefly trapped, losing the disguise.
- Archmage Xylem yells: Hold a moment... you're not a real apprentice! Have at thee, imposter!
- Archmage Xylem yells: Apprentici... attack!
- Apprentices defeated
- Upon being defeated, a void creature leaves their body.
- Xylem... what have you done?
- I was... almost gone...
- The shadow... it consumed us...
- The shadow is... gone?
- During chase
- Archmage Xylem yells: The Focusing Iris will make me the most powerful mage of all time! Just try to stop me!
- Archmage Xylem says: Say, you're pretty strong, aren't you? On second thought, don't try to stop me!
- Confronting Xylem
- Archmage Xylem yells: You are too late! Take care of my pursuer, Apprentice Sanath! (leaves)
- Sanath defeated
- Yet another void creature flees from the host's body.
- Sanath Lim-yo says: Enough! Stay your weapon...
- Sanath Lim-yo says: It seems the grimoire took my mind, just as it has eroded Xylem's... and now he has escaped with the Iris!
- Sanath Lim-yo says: You must follow him through his portal. Go! Before it's too late!
- The adventurer tries to use the portal, but it rapidly decays until only a spark is left.
- Joanna says: His portal is unstable, but an echo of it remains.
- Joanna says: It will take time, but we may be able to use it to reach him.
- Depending on Spec:
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.