The Badlands (WC2 Orc)
- For lore about this location, see Badlands.
|Previous: Tol Barad|
|Next: The Fall of Stromgarde|
|Alternate level: Dun Algaz|
|Campaign: Orc Campaign|
|Place: Badlands, Khaz Modan|
|Outcome: Orcish Horde victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Doomhammer has sent word that the Ogre-Mage Cho'gall, chieftain of the Twilight's Hammer clan, is personally inspecting the Refinery at Grim Batol. Cho'gall and his convoy will be traveling through the badlands of Khaz Modan, and an ambush by Stromgarde warriors is expected. The War Chief expects you to safeguard Cho'gall and his minions through this region. Should he die, your life will be forfeit as well...
- Escort Cho'gall to the Circle of Power at Grim Batol
- Note: this account comes from the Official Strategy Guide, which features a first-person description of each mission from the game.
The importance of this mission earned Utok's commander the use of a powerful army, which they assembled before setting out southward along the coastline. Cho'gall and the catapults remained in the rear; the other troops led the way for them. Occasionally Cho'gall would create Eyes of Kilrogg to inspect for them. Soon, they came to the first human defensive wall.
The catapults were brought to the front and trained on the enemy ballistae behind the wall. With that threat removed, the troops set about knocking down a section of wall to slaughter the other defenders. They were constantly ordering them to return to the main group, for their bloodlust kept leading them inland to alarm more enemies. Continuing south along the coast, they encountered a second group of enemies with destroyers close by, so they gutted the humans before sinking the ships with their catapults.
With their goal in view to the east, they ripped apart a final large group of humans before they marched in and claimed the village for themselves. After Cho'gall had made contact with higher powers on the Circle, their bloodthirsty and frustrated troops were released to wreak havoc wherever they wished. Many did not return.
- This mission is one of the only appearances of the Bleeding Hollow clan in the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness campaigns.
- ^ Dille, Ed; Eric Anthony Morman. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness The Official Strategy Guide, 172, 173. ISBN 978-0-7615-0188-6.