The Battle For Crusaders' Pinnacle
79 (Requires 77)
+250 Argent Crusade
Venture to Crusaders' Pinnacle and use the atop the Pile of Crusader Skulls. Defend the banner against Scourge attack until the land atop the pinnacle is sanctified and then return to Father Gustav at the Valley of Echoes in Icecrown.
- Battle for Crusaders' Pinnacle
This banner is like no other, <name>. It carries with it a powerful blessing, able to sanctify large tracts of blighted land.
You must take it northwest, through the Breach, to an area the Scourge have mockingly named Crusaders' Pinnacle. Plant the banner atop the skulls of our fallen brethren at Crusaders' Pinnacle and defend it against attack. Once the land is sanctified, return to Father Gustav.
Go now, <name>. Hold no fear in your heart.
Have we broken ground?
Blessed Light! We have taken the pinnacle! Finally, construction of Justice Keep can begin. Highlord Fordring and the knights are already en route to our new base. You must meet them there, <name>!
The Pile of Crusader Skulls is at the entrance of the Crusader's Pinnacle to the northeast at . Look for a glowing green pillar of light next to a Scourge tent and banner atop the hill.
While near the banner, players are significantly buffed (Blessing of the Crusade: Your power versus the Scourge is significantly increased! Mana and health regeneration increased while stranding and defending the banner.). The buff will give an almost-invincible amount of health regeneration, although it is still possible to die if you pull aggro on too many attackers at once and you don't overgear the encounter. Crusader Lord Dalfors spawn to assist along with three Argent Battle-priests, and accompanied by three Argent Masons with torches.
- The Blessed Banner of the Crusade has been planted.
Defend the banner from all attackers!
- Crusader Lord Dalfors leads a group up the path to the pinnacle. As they reach the top, Dalfors can see a row of Argent Crusader corpses hanging from the branch of a large dead tree, all hung from the neck.
- Crusader Lord Dalfors says: BY THE LIGHT! Those damned monsters! Look at what they've done to our people!
- Crusader Lord Dalfors says: Burn it down, boys. Burn it all down.
- As ordered, the Argent Masons run forth and the tree and tent are set ablaze.
- The Lich King yells: Leave no survivors!
- Crusader Lord Dalfors says: Let 'em come. They'll pay for what they've done!
- The Lich King yells: Cower before my terrible creations!
- The Lich King yells: Feast my children! Feast upon the flesh of the living!
- The Lich King yells: Lay down your arms and surrender your souls!
- Halof the Deathbringer yells: THE MASTER'S WILL BE DONE!
- Once Halfor dies:
- Crusader Lord Dalfors yells: We've done it, lads! We've taken the pinnacle from the Scourge! Report to Father Gustav at once and tell him the good news! We're gonna get to buildin' and settin' up! Go!