Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Battle For The Undercity (Horde)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
74 (Requires 71)
Report to Thrall should you succeed.
Check in with the Warchief when you are ready to begin.
Tomorrow brings with it uncertainty. Gone are the days of Alliance and Horde battling alongside each other in pursuit of a common enemy. A new battle dawns, <name> - a battle which there can be no victor.
But we must continue our march towards Icecrown. We have no choice in that matter. Our salvation lies with heroes like you, <name>. The future of the Horde - of the world - depends on you.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 500 reputation with Orgrimmar
- 125 reputation with Silvermoon City
- 500 reputation with Warsong Offensive
Talk to Thrall to start the event:
I am ready, Warchief.
5 minutes until the manhunt begins:
- Thrall yells: HEROES OF THE HORDE, YOUR WARCHIEF CALLS!
- Thrall yells: Gather behind me at the gates of the Undercity! Soon we march upon our fallen city and reclaim it - FOR THE HORDE!
- Thrall yells: Blood and thunder, champions of the Horde! We fight on this day for our fallen brothers and sisters! Mourn them not for they all died with honor in their hearts!
- Thrall yells: Though we face great conflict, our might combined shall obliterate those who would oppose us! The grave injustices committed against the Horde will be met by an unstoppable force of reckoning!
The manhunt begins:
- Thrall yells: I call to you great spirits! Grant the Horde your blessing! For on this day our cause is righteous and just!
- Thrall yells: Spirits of wind, carry to Saurfang the Younger the song of war! May ALL of our fallen brethren be vindicated by this battle!
- Thrall yells: The battle for the Undercity begins now! Sound the horns of war! Champions of the Horde, be empowered by the might of your Warchief!
- Thrall buffs all nearby allies with "Warchief's Blessing", adding 30,000 HP, and a 10k healing on damage taken buff.
- Thrall yells: ONWARD!
- The party reaches the ruins entrance.
- Thrall says: Great wind brother, clear our path!
- <A wind clears away the blight from Thrall's path>
- Thrall enters the courtyard, and Varimathras appears.
- Thrall yells: You must answer to the elements, demon!
- Varimathras yells: Welcome to my kingdom of darkness!
- Varimathras yells: Did you enjoy my minion's terrible creation? Potent, is it not?
- Varimathras yells: But enough prattling! You wish to reclaim your city? Come then, heroes! Your souls will fuel the host! You will have this place back in pieces!
- Thrall says: Great water spirit, wash away this corruption!
- Thrall yells: ATTACK!!!!
- <Lady Sylvanas Windrunner begins to sing>
- Sylvanas casts "Song of Sylvanas", which regenerates more mana/rage/energy/RP that can possibly be used and a run speed buff. At the end of the courtyard, the party stops as waves upon waves of enemies are unleashed.
- Eventually, Varimathras unleashes the Blight Aberration, which has 5 million HP. After the flesh giant is defeated...
- Thrall yells: The courtyard is ours! Onward to the inner sanctum!
- The party reaches the elevators.
- Thrall says: HOLD! They've destroyed the elevators!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: The shaft is trapped, Warchief. A fall would mean certain death.
- Thrall says: Great air spirit, hear my call once more!
- Thrall says: The spirits of air have heard my call. Cyclones will lower us to safety. Now we jump!
- Thrall yells: We have breached the inner sanctum, heroes! We press on!
- The party reach the inner district.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: What have they done to my beautiful city!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: The only redemption for the traitors responsible for this will be an agonizing death. My vengeance will be swift and without mercy!
- Thrall says: Lead the way, Dark Lady. We will follow.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Very well, Warchief. The Royal Quarter is this way. Stay on guard. There's no telling what Varimathras and Putress have in store for us.
- The party reach the sewers.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: HOLD! I sense dark magic. Demon magic... Stand ready!
- Varimathras yells: Clever girl...
- Varimathras yells: My brothers have grown hungry. Your souls will sate their appetites.
- Eventually, Varimathras unleashes Khanok the Impassable, which has 6 million HP. After the Ered'ruin demon is defeated...
- Thrall yells: Is that all, demon? Have you nothing left to throw at us?
- Thrall yells: We come for you! Prepare yourself!
- The party cross the bridge.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: The Royal Quarter is just up ahead, Warchief.
- Varimathras yells: Bring down the halls! NOW!
- <Varimathras makes the halls shake, bringing down stones to block the hall to the Royal Quarter>
- Thrall yells: COWARD! You think to stop the Warchief of the Horde with pebbles? I will show you the true power of the elements!
- Thrall yells: Great spirit of the earth, help us in our hour of need!
- Thrall brings down the stone blocks and clears the path
- Thrall yells: LET'S GO! QUICKLY!
- The party arrives at the Royal Quarter, where Varimathras is opening a number of Burning Legion portals.
- Thrall yells: What is this?
- Varimathras yells: Welcome to your future -- what little there is left of it...
- <Varimathras spawns untold numbers of demons>
- Varimathras yells: Too long... Tireless, endless planning... It will not end like this...
- Varimathras yells: Need more time... The Master is near...
- Varimathras yells: Such power! Can you not feel it, mortals? Cease this foolishness and join me!
- Varimathras yells: I will not fail! Not again!
- Varimathras yells: I cannot hold... Destabilizing...
- A distant voice yells: YOU HAVE FAILED ME, VARIMATHRAS!
- Varimathras yells: A thousand-thousand pardons, Master! I will deal with these intruders myself!
- Varimathras joins the fight with a 7.7M HP pool. Melee hits on cloth are over a million, so let Thrall tank him. He also casts a knockback Shadow Nova, Drain Life and other attacks as the demons keep spawning, though not as quickly as before. Eventually he is defeated.
- Varimathras yells: Years... wasted...
- Thrall yells: WE ARE VICTORIOUS!
- Thrall yells: The Undercity belongs to the Horde once more! LOK'TAR!
- Thrall says: Dark Lady, join me! You have fought hard and spilled much blood for this right. The Royal Quarter belongs to you!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Such will be the fate of all enemies of the Horde, Warchief. Now we must deal with the wretch, Putress.
- Thrall says: We shall, Sylvanas...
- Thrall says: Alliance horns? Stay on guard!
- The king and his group walks in.
- King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.
- King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
- King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
- King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
- King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
- The fight is joined.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: VARIAN, NO! STOP!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore incapacitates all units with a freeze spell.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: It did not have to be like this...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore teleports all Alliance forces back to Stormwind.
- Thrall says: It ends like it began...
- Thrall says: All that we have fought for in this world is lost. The hopes and dreams carried by my father and mother... by Doomhammer... Gone...
- Thrall says: If only you were here right now, old friend. You would know what to do.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I know what he would do.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: He would say to you: Thrall, lead your people.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Let's go home, old friend.
- <Thrall nods>
- Thrall says: It's good to have you back, Varok, old friend. I'm sorry about your boy.
The Distant Voice seems to be that of Sargeras. The Sound File lists the speaker as Sargeras.
- /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Sargeras\\WG_Sargeras_HOR01.wav")
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.