The Battle for Darkshore
- For the warfront, see Battle for Darkshore.
19 (Requires 17)
The Battle for Darkshore completes the Grove of the Ancients quest chain, in which the druids of the Grove of the Ancients enlist Alliance adventurers' aid to bring to an end the Twilight's Hammer activity at the Master's Glaive in Darkshore.
Slay the Avatar of Soggoth at the Master's Glaive.
- Avatar of Soggoth slain
The ancients of the grove have come to our aid, <name>. I can see through their eyes even as we speak.
Destroy it before it's too late, <name>. I am needed elsewhere.
Return to the druids at the Grove of the Ancients when it is all over they will direct you further.
("Avatar of Soggoth: Send him back into the depths, where he belongs.")
It is good to see you again, <name>.
We can finally rest here now, <name>. It appears Darkshore has been saved -- and we have you to thank for it.
- 2,200 experience
- 500 reputation with Darnassus
- When the player returns to the Master's Glaive, the area is now overrun with Spawn of Soggoth battling with Awakened Ancients. Avatar of Soggoth stands in the center of the pit.
- Targeting the Avatar and using the horn will summon Greater Awakened Ancients:
- Greater Awakened Ancient yells: You do not belong in this world, foul being! Suffer the wrath of nature!
- Avatar of Soggoth yells: I will devour your souls, insolent mortals!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.