The Battle for Lordaeron (Alliance)
|Start||Master Mathias Shaw|
|Level||110 - 120 (Requires 110)|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Notes
- 5.1 The Third Fleet
- 5.2 Clearing the Way
- 5.3 Clearing the Way
- 5.4 Breach the Wall
- 5.5 Blighted Grounds
- 5.6 The Light is Fading
- 5.7 The Winds of Change
- 5.8 The Great Eagle
- 5.9 Pressing Onward
- 5.10 Abomination Wonderland
- 5.11 Blast!
- 5.12 She's Getting Away!
- 5.13 The High Overlord.
- 5.14 The Dark Lady
- 5.15 Finale
- 6 Videos
- 7 Progression
- 8 Beta versions
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
Complete the Battle for Lordaeron.
- Travel to Lordaeron
- Complete the scenario "The Battle for Lordaeron."
King Wrynn has mustered our forces, <name>. We mean to launch a full-scale assault on Lordaeron.
Ready to ship out? Captain Angelica here will see to your transport.
You will receive:
- 19 40
- 16,450 XP
Ah, good to see you back on your feet, <name>. Many others were not so fortunate.
<Halford lowers his head and whispers a prayer.>
King Anduin has returned to Stormwind Keep. He must plan what our next move will be.
- On accept
- Master Mathias Shaw says: I appreciate that you reported in so quickly, <name>. You will ship out with the Third Fleet.
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Speak with Captain Angelica when you are ready to embark.
Speak to Captain Angelica, immediately to Shaw's right:
- Welcome aboard, <name>.
- We're all stocked and ready to ship out just as soon as you're ready.
- I am ready to sail to Lordaeron.
- I've heard this tale before... <Skip the scenario and begin your next mission.>
The Third Fleet
- Description: Meet with Genn Greymane inside Brill.
- Follow Hammond Clay to Brill
- Charge the battlefield with Genn
Upon entering the scenario, players land on North Coast, north of Brill and are at the camp with Stormwind Steed, Stormwind Suppliers, Ironforge Mortar Teams, Stormwind Footmen, Alliance Cannons, Stormwind Lookouts, Darnassian Archers, and General Hammond Clay.
- General Hammond Clay yells: Heroes of the Third Fleet, steel yourselves! Report to King Greymane at once!
- General Hammond Clay yells: Follow me! Make haste and do not stray!
Follow the general south along the scar in the earth to see Stormwind Knights, Mine Carts, Stormwind Laborers and more troops. The Alliance has taken over the ruins of Brill as well: Tad Deepforge, Dwarven Riflemen, Worgen Battlemages, Alliance Siege Tanks, and Genn Greymane.
- Genn Greymane yells: Brothers and sisters of the Alliance, hear me!
- Genn Greymane yells: The Horde's cowardly attack on Teldrassil brought war upon us... and made clear what is truly at stake.
- Genn Greymane yells: Their warchief's goal was not to capture a single city, but to destroy our way of life... and snuff out hope for generations to come.
- Genn Greymane yells: To secure our future, the Banshee Queen must answer for her crimes. Her dark reign ends today!
- Genn Greymane yells: Together we will drive her evil from this land... and raise our banners above Lordaeron once more!
- Genn Greymane yells: Stand as one! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
- Dwarven Rifleman yells: For the Alliance!
- Stormwind Footman yells: For the Alliance!
- Teldrassil Archer yells: For the Alliance!
- Genn Greymane yells: Soldiers! Fall in and form ranks!
Clearing the Way
- Description: Siege Towers Defended
- Siege Towers Defended (0/100%)
- Bonus objective: Shredder Defeated
- Bonus objective: Rescue the gnome mage
Follow Genn into the battlefield and clear the enemies, including a Goblin Shredder, Horde Demolishers, Goblin Sappers, Tauren Earthshakers, Darkspear Shaman. You are assisted by Auchenai Ballistae, Glaive Throwers, Exodar Peacekeepers, Hippogryph Archers, Darnassian Huntresses, Druids of the Claw, and Gilnean Mauler. Stormwind Medics and Stormwind Priests treating Gravely Injured Soldiers.
- Genn Greymane yells: King Anduin is leading the assault! Push past the reserves and secure the battlefield!
- Genn Greymane yells: Smoke is... so thick...
- Genn Greymane yells: These goblins must be stopped! Focus on the shredder!
Just ahead is Field Marshal Cogspark, who has used a to entomb a handful of Horde defenders. Help free her.
- Field Marshal Cogspark says: Thank you everyone. I can handle it from here!
Focus on machines and destroy them, then mop up nearby units to fill the bar.
- Anduin Wrynn yells: All units, to the gates! Victory for the Alliance!
Clearing the Way
- Description: Defeat the Azerite War Machine
- Defeat the Azerite War Machine
- Anduin Wrynn yells: It is over, Sylvanas! The walls of Lordaeron will soon come crashing down around you.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: You have no idea what you're up against, boy king. We've only just begun!
- The Azerite War Machine exits the fog of war, obliterating everything in its path.
- Genn Greymane yells: I've never seen anything like it...
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Anything made can be broken! Genn, follow me!
Start attacking it. When the war machine is at 30% health, Sylvanas intervenes:
- Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Enough meddling! The towers, the towers!
- The Alliance siege towers all have their tops blown off.
Finish off the war machine.
Breach the Wall
- Anduin jumps on the war machine and sticks his sword in it, landing the finishing blow.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Prepare the Blight! Let it rain down upon their armies!
- High Overlord Saurfang says: There must be another way, Warchief!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: This is no time for sentiment, High Overlord!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: War demands that we take a more direct approach.
- Sludge Guards start spraying blight, killing friend and foe alike. Sylvanas appears and raises the fallen.
- Description: Evacuate wounded soldiers before they are infected by blight gas.
- Defend King Anduin and evacuate the wounded (0/100%)
- Anduin Wrynn says: It's killing her own troops...
- Sylvanas channels a spell and raises the dead as Risen Skeletons.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: DESTROY THEM!
- Anduin Wrynn yells: She's raising their bodies! We must evacuate the wounded!
- Genn Greymane yells: The blight is too dangerous, my king! We cannot afford to--
- Anduin Wrynn yells: The Alliance leaves no soldier behind!
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Not this time...
Various Risen Skeletons and Sludge Guards charge at the army. The entire area is increasingly covered in blight, and it moves slowly north toward Brill. The blight deals significant damage, so keep retreating, and try to stay within Anduin's healing aura.
While killing the undead, also interact with Wounded Soldiers. They can say any of the following:
- Wounded Soldier says: It was foolish of me to get caught away from the line. Thank you for the second chance.
- Wounded Soldier says: You have my thanks!
- Wounded Soldier says: Thank you, Champion. I will find my own way out of here.
- Wounded Soldier says: I... I think I can make it. Thank you.
Fall back with King Anduin Wrynn. As the progress bar nears 100%:
- Genn Greymane yells: My king, our siege towers are lost! Our numbers are waning...
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Father, help me. I need your guidance. I need...
The Light is Fading
A cinematic plays:
- Anduin and Greymane lead Alliance forces back to Brill, away from the cloud of blight. As they reach a clear area, both kings turn and face the walls of Lordaeron.
- Genn Greymane: The blight has broken our ranks!
- Anduin Wrynn: Our assault...has been for nothing.
- A cold wind begins to blow; both kings turn, and Genn growls as a stormcloud approaches them from the rear.
- Genn Greymane: What now?
- The cloud parts, revealing a massive Kul Tiran flagship held aloft by arcane magic. Standing at the bow, hair and cloak whipping in the wind, is...
- Anduin Wrynn: Jaina!
- Jaina Proudmoore raises her hands, channeling a wave of frost magic to clear the blight clouds and freeze the Forsaken catapults and the risen skeletons.
- Anduin Wrynn: Alliance! Forward!
- Anduin leads his rallied troops through the clearing haze towards Lordaeron. As he approaches the base of the walls, he turns and looks upward.
- Anduin Wrynn: Jaina! The wall!
- Jaina uses her magic to swing the ship to port and expose its full starboard side, its arcane-charged broadside cannons blasting a hole in the city's outer walls. Approaching the breach, Anduin dismounts and draws Shalamayne.
- Anduin Wrynn: We end this... now.
The Winds of Change
- Description: Find Jaina at the walls of Lordaeron.
- Infiltrate the keep with King Anduin
- Assist Jaina
Meet up with Jaina, busy fighting Dreadguards, tauren and jungle trolls.
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Jaina! Thank the Light you've come! You are sorely needed in this fight.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: I stand with you, my king. The Horde will pay for its crimes. I'll block off the entrance so our forces can regroup.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I don't know how long these walls will hold. We should not linger here.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Sound advice. We didn't give Sylvanas much time to prepare for this attack, but we can't afford to underestimate her.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Everyone, fall into position. We strike on my command!
- Anduin Wrynn says: Genn, I need you to cover our backs. It's too risky to funnel everyone through the side of the keep all at once. There will certainly be traps.
- Genn Greymane says: Agreed. I'll guard the rear flank.
The Great Eagle
- Description: Defeat the Darkspear trolls and their leader, Durja.
- Defeat Durja
- Defeat Darkspear Trolls (0/100%)
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Let's move.
- Windseeker Durja yells: Winds of da eagle spirit gonna SCOUR YA BONES!
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Jaina! Block the exits! Don't let them call for reinforcements!
Finish Durja off:
- Windseeker Durja yells: Da Warchief... will... stop ya...
- Anduin Wrynn says: Excellent work, everyone! Let's keep moving!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I'm ready!
- Description: Follow King Anduin as he presses onward into he keep
- Follow King Anduin
- Description: Assault Lordaeron City
- Assault Lordaeron City (0/100%)
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: It is you who is outnumbered now.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: That army is enormous... Give the word, and I will teleport us to safety.
- Anduin Wrynn says: If we turn tail now, we just become prey. No. We'll fight - and die, if we must - for what we believe in!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Your time is up, King Anduin!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: VICTORY FOR THE FORSAKEN!
- Anduin Wrynn yells: ALLIANCE, HOLD YOUR GROUND!
- Just as the Horde forces prepare to attack, Alleria Windrunner opens up a Void Rift to teleport in Gelbin Mekkatorque, a squad of Flametron 5000, and Ren'dorei Rangers, and Alliance Mages.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Let us even the odds, King Wrynn!
- Anduin Wrynn says: Alleria! Thank the Light you've made it!
- Alleria Windrunner says: I am known for my timing, your majesty. Mekkatorque, are you ready for battle?
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: Indubitably! I brought some extra machines for backup. Feel free to give 'em a spin!
Players can mount the robot and attack the enemies - Abominations, Royal Cavaliers, Dreadguards, Sludge Guards, Goblin Sappers, Forsaken Blight Throwers, and a Shredder which is protected by Goblin Landmines.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Jaina, Genn, help me with Blightcaller and Lor'themar.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Alleria, take the rest of our troops and focus on routing the enemy army.
- Alleria Windrunner says: As you wish. Champions, with me!
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: My machines are at your command!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Hahaha! Look who joins the fray. Good, I was hoping you'd keep this interesting!
- Alleria Windrunner yells: I assure you, Blightcaller, the pleasure is all mine.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: The void elves... those traitors must be dealt with!
Fill the progress bar to continue.
- Find Sylvanas Windrunner
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: Baine, pull them back!
- Baine Bloodhoof says: RETREAT!
- Sylvanas unleashes a shot on a container of blight, before looking at Jaina and Anduin, then running off.
- Jaina Proudmoore says: No! They must not escape!
After the cutscene, Jaina, Anduin, Alleria, and Gelbin are looking at the Blight.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: The Horde is falling back again? What is their strategy, here?
- Genn Greymane says: That accursed blight blocks our path. Our forces can't follow her.
- Anduin Wrynn says: We can't let the warchief escape. Capturing her is the only way to win this war.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Understood. We will not let you go alone.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Mekkatorque, can your flying machines get us past this blight?
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: I don't have many of them, but the ones I do are at your disposal.
She's Getting Away!
- Description: Pursue Sylvanas in the Gyrocopter.
- Use the Gyrocopter to Pursue Sylvanas
- Anduin Wrynn says: So be it. Champions, with me. Mekkatorque, backtrack through the keep with the rest of our forces, and station them at Brill. Be ready to strike on my command.
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: You've got it.
Interact with the Gnomish Flying Machine and take a ride to the entrance of the city.
The High Overlord.
- Description: Defeat High Overlord Saurfang.
- Confront High Overlord Saurfang
- Anduin Wrynn says: Stand aside, Saurfang. This war is not yours to bear alone, and there is no honor in killing you.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father was a man of honor, boy. You know nothing of the sort.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I will NEVER stand down! I eat, sleep, and die by the sword. What price have you paid for your people?
- Anduin Wrynn says: My father gave everything for the Alliance. The question is, are you willing to do the same?
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: MY LIFE FOR THE HORDE!
Let the NPCs tank. Saurfang is strong and can kill easily with his abilities. Upon reaching 20% health, a cutscene will play.
The Dark Lady
- Description: Pursue Sylvanas
- Confront Sylvanas Windrunner
- His axe on the ground beside the kneeling warrior, Varok has been laid low.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Alliance... hold!
- High Overlord Saurfang says: No! I demand an honorable death!
- Anduin sheathes his sword on his back while walking up to Saurfang.
- Anduin Wrynn says: My father once said that Varok Saurfang embodied what was best about the horde...
- Anduin Wrynn says: He admired you for that, and so do I.
- Anduin kneels to appeal directly to the old warrior.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Listen to me. There is no honor in this.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: That is not for an Alliance king to decide!
- Anduin Wrynn says: At this moment, it is.
- Anduin stands and speaks to a few nearby guards.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Take him to the Stockades.
- They bind Saurfang's wrists and walk him away.
- Anduin Wrynn says: When I return, we will speak of honor... and how it may yet be reclaimed.
- Varok responds with scepticism.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: If... you return.
- Anduin Wrynn says: We've done it. Sylvanas will finally answer for her crimes. Champions, to my side...
Follow Anduin into the throne room, where an ending cutscene plays:
- Anduin, Genn, Jaina and Alleria walk under the ruined belltower inside Lordaeron Keep. Anduin looks up at the dome of the royal palace, similarly to how Arthas had when he returned from Northrend at the start of the Third War. Pushing open the doors to the throne room, Anduin steps into the center of the seal on the floor to face Sylvanas, who is lounging in Terenas' throne. Her sarcasm drips heavily.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Look at you. The boy's playing soldier.
- Genn Greymane: Our king just routed your army!
- Huffing at the interruption, Sylvanas rolls her eyes.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Muzzle your dog, Your Majesty.
- Genn snarls in anger, but Anduin raises an arm to hold him back.
- Anduin Wrynn: Sylvanas Windrunner, you have led the Horde to a place without honor. Lordaeron is ours. It's over.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Your father would be so proud. Is that... his?
- Sylvanas points at the blade of Shalamayne, splashed with blood.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You've gotten it all bloody.
- Anduin Wrynn: Only one of us wanted this war.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You call for peace when it suits you, little lion, but you're quick enough to kill.
- Alleria Windrunner: I should have killed you when last we met.
- Sylvanas sighs.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: How rude, sister. You're a guest in my home.
- Stepping forward, Genn responds with barely suppressed rage.
- Genn Greymane: Your home? You desecrate that throne with your filth!
- Anduin Wrynn: Enough!
- Snapping at Genn, Anduin slams the tip of Shalamayne's blade against the floor with a resounding clang. Genn shifts his posture back to a standing position. Anduin turns back to the Warchief.
- Anduin Wrynn: You put the torch to Teldrassil. But I failed those who burned. I will not make that mistake again. Surrender... or die.
- Jaina looks away briefly while Anduin talks about his failure. Sylvanas rises from Terenas' throne and approaches the Alliance leaders; Genn snarls in anticipation for an attack while Alleria nocks an arrow and holds it steady at full draw, the two spreading out from Anduin to form a triangle with Jaina, surrounding him and Sylvanas as she stops face-to-face with him. Alleria glances up to the left as she hears a sound in the distance, but quickly turns her attention back to her sister.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You've won... nothing.
- Sylvanas becomes enveloped in shadows and lets out a banshee scream, knocking down her opponents and detonating barrels of Blight hidden in the balconies around the throne room before smashing through the ceiling of the dome. Anduin and the others move towards the door as the masonry collapses in front of them, blocking their exit.
- Jaina Proudmoore: Hold on!
- Jaina quickly conjures an arcane shield to protect the four leaders, then channels a teleportation spell, taking her, Anduin, Genn, and Alleria to the deck of her ship. As the teleport fades, Anduin runs to the railing with Genn following and looks down as the blight spreads throughout the entire city, then at a Horde gunship fleeing westwards back to Orgrimmar, staring angrily at Sylvanas and the other Horde leaders as they escape.
Scenario completed, players will appear at the Stormwind Harbor in a med tent. Halford Wyrmbane is nearby.
Zidormi is nearby and can changes phases if necessary.
Champions of the Alliance,
At last the time has come for us to reclaim what is rightfully ours! Our final push to retake Lordaeron Keep shall commence at dawn.
King Anduin has returned to Stormwind Keep. I suggest you--
Wait... who is that?
I am relieved you survived the battle, <Name>. Many others did not.
King Anduin has returned to Stormwind Keep.
Are you okay, <name>? King Anduin already left -- it seems he had an urgent message.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.