The Battle for Lordaeron (Horde)
110 - 120 (Requires 110)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Notes
- 7 Videos
- 8 Progression
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
Complete the Battle for Lordaeron.
- Speak with Isabella
- Complete the scenario "The Battle for Lordaeron."
Now the war has truly begun.
Our mage will send you on your way. Go.
See to our defenses, and get the civilians to safety. I will join you soon.
Lok-tar ogar, <name>.
You will receive:
- 19 40
- 164,500 XP
The High Overlord awaits.
Our war has only begun.
- I am ready to go to the Undercity.
- I've heard this tale before... <Skip the scenario and begin your next mission.>
- Description: Find Saurfang.
- Report to High Overlord Saurfang
Upon reaching the Mage District, Undercity Evacuees are with Anastasia Hartwell who summons a portal to Orgrimmar. Saurfang is below, surrounded by Victor Bartholomew, Winifred Kerwin, Adrian Bartlett, Lexington Mortaim, someone to the left, and Dark Rangers.
- Anastasia Hartwell says: My portal is open, we must evacuate!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Soldiers of the Horde, the time has come!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Our enemies strike against the Undercity and seek to claim Lordaeron for their own.
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: The Undercity is no longer safe for civilians. The war rages above, and dozens of spies have infiltrated our walls.
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: We have herded the cowards to the Mage District and have secured the rest of the city.
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Your mission is to flush these worms out of hiding, eliminate them, and ensure that our citizens are evacuated safely to Orgrimmar.
Spies in Our Midst
- Description: Secure the Mage District.
- Secure the Mage District
To the Heart!
- Description: Follow Saurfang to the Heart of the City
- Follow Saurfang to the Heart of the City
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: More spies! We have them cornered!
- Mirabelle yells: We've been compromised!
- Renzik "The Shiv" yells: I got the intel. We just gotta make it outta here with it!
- Mirabelle yells: "Plan B" it is then...
- Renzik "The Shiv" yells: <whistles>
The spies shadow bombs themselves and druids of the claw appear.
- Druid of the Claw yells: Druids of the Claw, ATTACK!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Find them!
Continue through the Canals to the center.
Evacuate the Heart of the City
- Description: Evacuate the Remainder of Undercity
- Evacuate the Remainder of Undercity
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: The tunnels have been secured. Open the gate!
- Royal Dreadguard yells: They sprang from the shadows. They're everywhere!
- Description: Use the Portal to meet with Sylvanas Windrunner.
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: No time to waste! Open a portal to the keep and we will report to the warchief!
Anastasia opens a portal. Interact with it.
The courtyard is filled with Dark Rangers, Forsaken Apothecaries, Tauren Earthshaker, Darkspear Shaman, Orgrimmar Raiders, Goblin Sappers, Forsaken machines goblin bombs, and Sylvanas Windrunner with Baine Bloodhoof.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Has the city been evacuated?
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Yes, Warchief.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Then it's time to finish this once and for all. Saurfang, rally your troops. I will prepare the azerite machine.
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Champions, Your warchief commands you! It is time to take arms against the Alliance!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Their numbers are strong, but we are stronger. We are the Horde! We crush those who would bring us harm!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Lok'tar ogar!
Push Them Back
- Description: Break their front line
- Break their front line
Defend the Azerite War Machine
- Description: Defend the Azerite War Machine
- Defeat Waves of Attackers x3
- Anduin Wrynn yells: It is over, Sylvanas! The walls of Lordaeron will soon come crashing down around you.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: You have no idea what you're up against, boy king. We've only just begun.
- The Azerite War Machine appears!
- Genn Greymane yells: I've never seen anything like it...
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Anything made can be broken! Genn, follow me!
Start attacking anything that moves, including Alliance Siege Tanks, Gryphon Riders, Worgen Battlemages, Darnassian Huntresses, Gilnean Maulers, Darnassian Archers, Glaive Thrower, peacekeepers, ballistas, Exodar High Priests, and Mechanoranger Cogspark.
- Knight-Captain Emery says: Riflemen! Lock and load! Advance!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Forget the army, we can deal with them later. Blast the siege towers!
- Master Shapeshifter Lyara says: Archers, nock your arrows! Advance!
- Mechanoranger Cogspark says: Um, ladies and gentlemen, rev those engines! Attack!
Upon defeating all three waves, a cutscene plays:
- Anduin manages to strike the Azerite War Machine, destroying it.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Prepare the Blight! Let it rain down upon their armies!
- High Overlord Saurfang says: There must be another way, Warchief!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: This is no time for sentiment, High Overlord!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: War demands we take a more direct approach.
- Anduin Wrynn says: It's killing her own troops.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: DESTROY THEM!
Our Secret Weapon
- Description: Use blight on Alliance forces to drive them away.
- Use blight on Alliance forces to drive them away.
Talk to a guard:
- You will need a gas mask to survive the blight. If you choose, you may also take a blight canister and help out.
- Just a gas mask for me, please.
- Gas mask and blight canister, please. I want to see what this thing can do.
- Sludge Guard Trizz yells: Gas masks! Get your gas masks here! And if you're feelin' sassy, you can grab one a these backpacks and get to work!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Soldiers of the Horde! Your brothers and sisters lie wounded on the battlefield! There is no honor in this victory if we abandon our own!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Slay them all, champions! Mark my words, King Anduin and his army did not come here for their amusement They mean to destroy us! Show them no mercy, for they would show you none in return!
- High Overlord Saurfang yells: Maintain your honor, heroes. Lok-narash.
Attack the enemies and push them to Brill. A cinematic plays:
- Anduin and Greymane lead Alliance forces back to Brill, away from the cloud of blight. As they reach a clear area, both kings turn and face the walls of Lordaeron.
- Genn Greymane: The blight has broken our ranks!
- Anduin Wrynn: Our assault...has been for nothing.
- A cold wind begins to blow; both kings turn, and Genn growls as a stormcloud approaches them from the rear.
- Genn Greymane: What now?
- The cloud parts, revealing a vessel held aloft by arcane magic. Standing at the bow, hair and cloak whipping in the wind, is...
- Anduin Wrynn: Jaina!
- Jaina Proudmoore raises her hands, channeling a wave of frost magic to clear the blight clouds and freeze the Forsaken catapults and the risen skeletons.
- Anduin Wrynn: Alliance! Forward!
- Anduin leads his rallied troops through the clearing haze towards Lordaeron. As he approaches the base of the walls, he turns and looks upward.
- Anduin Wrynn: Jaina! The wall!
- Jaina uses her magic to turn the ship to starboard, its arcane-charged cannons blasting a hole in the city's outer walls. Approaching the breach, Anduin dismounts and draws Shalamayne.
- Anduin Wrynn: We end this... now.
- Description: The Alliance have breached the wall. Meet with Nathanos Blightcaller to intercept them at a crucial chokepoint.
- Follow Nathanos to the keep
On the other side of the cutscene, players are back in the courtyard of Lordaeron.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Everyone, move! Cut them off with the reserves! Do NOT let them pass!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Saurfang! Where did you go?
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Leave it to me, Dark Lady. I will lead the reserves in the assault. The Alliance will go no further, I swear it.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Meet with Lor'themar. QUICKLY! Do not fail me, Nathanos!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: I obey, my queen.
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Heroes, follow me!
- Baine, several guards and Nathanos run to the side.
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Baine, Gather the catapults and every apothecary you can find. Send them to the keep at once!
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Yes, Blightcaller. But... where is Saurfang?
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: There is no time! We have but precious moments before we lose our terrain advantage!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: The chokepoint we create will funnel them through the side of the keep and thin their ranks.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: With us out in the open, we will outnumber them ten to one!
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Understood. I will meet you as soon as I can.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: No. Lor'themar and I will handle the interlopers. I can't risk leaving the warchief unguarded. You are not to leave her side.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: How long are you expecting to hold them off? What is the warchief's strategy?
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: It is better if she tells you herself. Now go!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Champions, with me! We rally in the keep! Your warchief commands it!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Lor'themar, command our rangers from the flank! Position them on the rooftops!
- Lor'themar Theron says: With pleasure, Blightcaller.
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Blight throwers, you're our front line! You will create a swath of blight between us and the enemy!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Soldiers, fall into position! The Alliance approaches!
The army is joined by Royal Cavaliers, apothecaries and rangers, and abomination guardians.
Holding Them Back
- Description: Intercept the Alliance with Nathanos Blightcaller.
- Intercept the Alliance
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: It is you who is outnumbered now.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: That army is enormous... Give the word, and I will teleport us to safety.
- Anduin Wrynn says: If we turn tail now, we just become prey. No. We'll fight - and die, if we must - for what we believe in!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Your time is up, King Anduin!
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: VICTORY FOR THE FORSAKEN!
- A Void Tear appears, spawning Alleria Windrunner, Gelbin Mekkatorque a squad of Flametron 5000, Ren'dorei Rangers, and Alliance Mages.
- Anduin Wrynn yells: ALLIANCE, HOLD YOUR GROUND!
- Alleria Windrunner says: Let us even the odds, King Wrynn!
- Anduin Wrynn says: Alleria! Thank the Light you've made it!
- Alleria Windrunner says: I am known for my timing, your majesty. Mekkatorque, are you ready for battle?
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: Indubitably! I brought some extra machines for backup.. Feel free to give 'em a spin!
- Anduin Wrynn says: Jaina, Genn, help me with Blightcaller and Lor'themar.
The King Piece
- Description: Defeat King Anduin Wrynn and his Allies.
- Defeat King Anduin Wrynn and his Allies.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Alleria, take the rest of our troops and focus on routing the enemy army.
- Alleria Windrunner says: As you wish. Champions, with me!
- High Tinker Mekkatorque says: My machines are at your command!
Start attacking the Alliance forces.
- Nathanos Blightcaller yells: Hahaha! Look who joins the fray. Good, I was hoping you'd keep this interesting!
- Alleria Windrunner yells: I assure you, Blightcaller, the pleasure is all mine.
- Lor'themar Theron yells: The void elves... those traitors must be dealt with!
- Lor'themar Theron says: Their assault will soon falter. Remain steadfast!
- Description: Sylvanas has called for the retreat.
- Follow Nathanos to safety
Sylvanas and Baine appear on the battlefield
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Baine! Pull them back!
- Baine Bloodhoof yells: RETREAT!
- Sylvanas shoots a plague wagon of blight, obliterating most of the underlings.
- Jaina Proudmoore says: No! They must not escape!
Run with Nathanos back to the courtyard while Sylvanas plagues the area.
- Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Everyone! Follow Nathanos to the courtyard! I will block the Alliance from behind!
- Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Keep moving!
- Sylvanas Windrunner yells: We're almost there! Make haste, heroes!
The Dark Lady
- Description: Follow Sylvanas.
- Follow Sylvanas Windrunner
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: So good of you to finally show up, High Overlord.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I had to see it for myself. Was this your plan all along? Is this how you meant to achieve victory? This... honorless travesty?
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar.
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable. But to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us.
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more.
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son.
- Sylvanas Windrunner says: Champions, with me. You are invited to bear witness to the grand finale.
- Sylvanas and the party runs in the direction of the Throne room.
An ending cutscene plays:
- Baine slams the door of the throne room shut before angrily rounding on Sylvanas.
- Baine Bloodhoof: You abandoned Saurfang to die out there!
- Sylvanas Windrunner: It is the death he wanted. If that troubles you, you're free to join him. Or you can tend to the living. The choice is yours.
- Baine closes his eyes a moment, then glares for a moment at Sylvanas.
- Baine Bloodhoof: For the Horde.
- After Baine leaves, Sylvanas turns to Nathanos, holding out her bow.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You know what must be done.
- As Nathanos takes her bow, she lifts his chin with her finger, so that his eyes meet hers.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Go... my champion.
- Nathanos nods and leaves the room. Sylvanas approaches the empty throne of King Terenas and lounges in it, waiting for her "visitors". A moment later, the doors slam open, and Anduin, Genn, Jaina, and Alleria enter. Anduin steps into the center of the seal on the floor to face her. Her sarcasm drips heavily.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Look at you. The boy's playing soldier.
- Genn Greymane: Our king just routed your army!
- Huffing at the interruption, Sylvanas rolls her eyes.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Muzzle your dog, Your Majesty.
- Genn snarls in anger, but Anduin raises an arm to hold him back.
- Anduin Wrynn: Sylvanas Windrunner, you have led the Horde to a place without honor. Lordaeron is ours. It's over.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Your father would be so proud. Is that... his?
- Sylvanas points at the blade of Shalamayne, splashed with blood.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You've gotten it all bloody.
- Anduin Wrynn: Only one of us wanted this war.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You call for peace when it suits you, little lion, but you're quick enough to kill.
- Alleria Windrunner: I should have killed you when last we met.
- Sylvanas sighs.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: How rude, sister. You're a guest in my home.
- Stepping forward, Genn responds with barely suppressed rage.
- Genn Greymane: Your home? You desecrate that throne with your filth!
- Anduin Wrynn: Enough!
- Snapping at Genn, Anduin slams the tip of Shalamayne's blade against the floor with a resounding clang. Genn shifts his posture back to a standing position. Anduin turns back to the Warchief.
- Anduin Wrynn: You put the torch to Teldrassil. But I failed those who burned. I will not make that mistake again. Surrender... or die.
- Jaina looks away briefly while Anduin talks about his failure. Sylvanas rises from Terenas' throne and approaches the Alliance leaders; Genn snarls in anticipation for an attack while Alleria nocks an arrow and holds it steady at full draw, the two spreading out from Anduin to form a triangle with Jaina, surrounding him and Sylvanas as she stops face-to-face with him. Alleria glances up to the left as she hears a sound in the distance, but quickly turns her attention back to her sister.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: You've won... nothing.
- Sylvanas becomes enveloped in shadows and lets out a banshee scream, knocking down her opponents and detonating barrels of Blight hidden in the balconies around the throne room before smashing through the ceiling of the dome. Anduin and the others move towards the door as the masonry collapses in front of them, blocking their exit.
- Jaina Proudmoore: Hold on!
- Jaina channels a teleportation spell, taking her, Anduin, Genn, and Alleria to her ship. Sylvanas lands on the deck of a Horde gunship, and silently takes back her bow when Nathanos holds it out to her. She watches the blight spread through Lordaeron, then looks over at Jaina's ship, and the Alliance leaders staring in shock and anger at her...which she acknowledges with a slight smirk.
On the other side players are riding an Undercity Plaguebat back to Orgrimmar, and land on top of the front gate. Turn in to Nathanos.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.