The Battle for Shattrath (Alliance)
95 (Requires 94)
+500 Council of Exarchs
- The Battle for Shattrath
To stop the Iron Horde, we must overcome prejudice and work together, if only for this purpose.
Horde, Alliance, past, present... all meaningless in the face of this enemy.
We will retake Shattrath together... or die trying.
You will receive one of:
Maraad is dead... but we must carry on. I will not let his sacrifice be for nothing.
- Archmage Khadgar says: When you are ready, we will follow you into Shattrath.
Mount up and run through the Arch of Sha'tar to enter the "The Battle for Shattrath" scenario. As the scenario can only be completed once, it is documented here.
Stage 1: Preparations
- Allied forces, under the guidance of Archmage Khadgar, are ready to begin the battle of Shattrath.
- Speak with Thaelin
Speak with Thaelin:
- Cheers, commander. We found this iron star here just waitin' to be repaired, and Gazlowe over there has been helpin' me fix it up.
- It should be ready for action when you are.
- Khadgar said that he'd meet ya down by the harbor with the others. I'm a wee bit jealous that ya get to roll over some Iron Horde with this thing.
Thanks. I'll meet them at the docks.
Stage 2: The Iron Star
- Gazlowe and Thaelin have repaired an Iron Star so that can take you to the harbor.
- Enter the Iron Star
Stage 3: The Battle is Joined
- Reach the Harbor
- Speak with Archmage Khadgar
The tank speeds along Shattrath, heading northeast to the harbor. When the tank unceremoniously ejects it's rider, head north a few more yards to reach Archmage Khadgar:
- We now must face the Iron Horde fleet. They have a powerful weapon aboard a battleship just off the coast. I know a spell that can clear the way, but it will take all my focus to channel it. During my incantation, I will be vulnerable. It will be up to you and our allies to protect me.
Begin your spell. I'll protect you!
Stage 4: The Iron Harbor
- The Iron Horde have amassed on the docks. Protect Khadgar while he prepares a spell to neutralize the harbor.
- Protect Khadgar
- Vindicator Maraad yells: For Shattrath!
- Archmage Khadgar yells: I can clear the way to the flagship. Hold off these invaders while I finish my spell!
Khadgar starts winding up a 90-second cast. Keep attackers away from him. While the wind-up is in progress:
- Yrel yells: Steel yourselves!
- Durotan yells: Do not waver!
- Vindicator Maraad yells: Show them no mercy!
- Draka yells: Keep your guard up!
- Yrel yells: We can't hold for much longer!
- Durotan yells: We must give the wizard more time! Hold the line!
- Yrel yells: Have hope, <name>! The Light will protect you.
Stage 5: The Weapon
- The Iron Horde's fabled weapon is in the harbor. Take over the ship. Your allies will work to keep Blackhand out of your way on the flagship.
- Confront Blackhand
- Speak with Khadgar to teleport to the Battleship
- Defeat Machinist B'randt
- Archmage Khadgar yells: It is finished. I must rest a moment. The flagship is up ahead. I will join you there once I regain my energy.
- Durotan yells: Draka, join the draenei in searching for any survivors.
- Draka yells: Of course.
- Vindicator Maraad yells: Forward! The super weapon is on one of these ships. Follow me!
Run north to where the flagship has run itself ashore in one of the piers. On the bow of the ship, Orgrim Doomhammer and Blackhand have an exchange:
- Orgrim Doomhammer yells: I will not slay so many innocent people!
- Blackhand yells: Innocent?!
- Orgrim Doomhammer yells: It is YOU who would make Draenor burn. It is YOU who must be stopped!
- Blackhand yells: Yes, I will see Draenor burn. You, traitor, will not.
- Blackhand smashes Orgrim backwards with a hammer swing and advances on him.
- Yrel yells: We will hold off Blackhand. Destroy that weapon!
- Khadgar teleports Yrel, Maraad and Durotan up to the ship to help Orgrim.
- Archmage Khadgar yells: Champion! Speak with me when you area ready to travel to the enemy battleship.
Speak with Khadgar:
- The enemy battleship is just off the coast. We will hold off Blackhand, but it's up to you to disable that boat and save Shattrath!
I am ready to teleport to the ship.
- Khadgar sends the player to a warship way offshore, west of Orunai Coast.
- Machinist B'randt yells: Don't let this nuisance anywhere near the cannon.
On deck, three groups consisting of a Grom'kar Vanguard and a Grom'kar Grenadier stand between the player and B'randt. Feel free to use the Blackrock Bombs around the deck to help you. Defeat all six guards:
- Machinist B'randt yells: Huh, well then, I'll just have to end this myself.
- Machinist B'randt yells: I'll take you out with me!
- B'randt spams about 6 Blackrock Bombs.
Finish him off.
Final Stage: Blackhand
- Help defeat Blackhand on the Iron Horde's flagship.
- Speak with Khadgar to teleport to the Flagship
- Survive Blackhand's onslaught
- Khadgar teleports to the ship.
- Archmage Khadgar yells: They need your help with Blackhand! I can get you there. Speak with me when you're ready.
Speak with Khadgar:
- Yrel, Maraad, and Durotan need your help on the flagship. Blackhand will not go down without a fight.
Then let's hurry!
- Khadgar sends the player to the flagship. Yrel, Maraad, and Durotan are all attacking Blackhand, but aren't having any effect.
- Blackhand backhands Doomhammer of the ship, killing the latter as he comes to a stop.
- Blackhand yells: That's all you can muster?
- Blackhand uses Killing Blow and slays Orgrim.
- Blackhand yells: Weak.
- Durotan yells: Brother!
- Blackhand yells: Haha...haha... AHHAHAHAHA! Didn't anyone ever tell you not to play with fire?
- Blackhand casts Brimstone. Fires break out over the deck, and all the ordinance explodes!
The subject of this section did not make it out of the beta stages.
Attack Blackhand. Around him are four Iron Stars, which can be used to break line of sight. Blackhand will cast Marked for Death on the player, which does 200,000 damage, so use the four Iron Stars to hide behind. When Blackhand gets damaged enough, he winds up a special attack, knocking everyone away and stunning them.
A cutscene plays at the end of the scenario:
Khadgar watches a massive explosion on the deck of Blackhand's ship.
Archmage Khadgar: It's over... nobody could have survived that.
Thaelin Darkanvil: This vessel is set to blow! We should get to safety!
Archmage Khadgar: Bring the cannon around! We'll send both of these ships to the bottom of the sea!
Onboard Blackhand's ship, Yrel is shielded by a mortally-wounded Vindicator Maraad, whose hand falls to the deck. Yrel approaches, and kneels next to him.
Yrel: Maraad... how?
Maraad: In the Light... we... are one...
The glow of Maraad's eyes fades as he dies. Yrel glares at the back of Blackhand as he approaches a dazed Durotan.
Blackhand: I see now... you never belonged with us, Durotan.
Blackhand kicks Durotan onto his back.
Blackhand: Our bond is iron...
Blackhand places his burning hammer onto Durotan's chest; the Frostwolf chieftain cries out in agony.
Blackhand: ...but you are so easily... BROKEN.
Suddenly, Blackhand is struck in the back of the head; Yrel has thrown Maraad's warhammer at him and stands in a defensive stance, glaring, as he laughs.
Blackhand: What do YOU want, little girl?
Yrel: Your HEAD.
Back on the other ship, the cannon swings around...
Thaelin Darkanvil: The cannon is in position! On your command!
Archmage Khadgar: Prepare to fire.
Blackhand turns from Durotan and approaches Yrel.
Blackhand: Such arrogance to believe that you alone could defeat ME!
Yrel casts a healing spell on Durotan just as she ducks Blackhand's hammer, but the Blackrock warlord grabs her by the throat and lifts her off the deck...but Durotan rises to his feet and looks over at her.
Durotan throws Yrel his battle-axe; as wings of light appear from her back, Yrel cries out in rage as she slices into Blackhand's shoulder. Blackhand screams in pain and drops her to the deck. A great shockwave of light clears the fire and smoke from the deck - catching the attention of Khadgar, who begins channeling a spell.
Thaelin Darkanvil: Wait! They're alive!
Archmage Khadgar: I've got them!
Blackhand, enraged, moves against Yrel, but staggers as he is attacked from behind by Durotan, carrying Maraad's warhammer.
Blackhand: YOU WILL ALL DIE!!!
Yrel: Just you.
Durotan and Yrel teleport from the deck, just as the iron star fires from the cannon and crashes into the other ship, throwing Blackhand from the deck and into the water as the vessel explodes...
After the cutscene, a portal to Fort Wrynn is waiting. Take it to complete the scenario.
This completes the "The Battle of Shattrath" chapter of Don't Let the Tala-door Hit You on the Way Out (Alliance). The Talador storyline continues with , offered by Vindicator Icia a few yards away.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.