- For other quests with the same name, see The Binding (disambiguation).
83 (Requires 82)
Kill High Priestess Lorthuna.
- High Priestess Lorthuna slain
A noise in the main chamber of the temple draws your attention. You hear a familiar laugh... Lorthuna. She's returned to interrupt the ritual - you must stop her!
Stop Lorthuna! Don't let her interrupt the ritual!
Maruut said when this all started that he would gladly give his life to see our task done. He would be proud of this success... of this death.
Thank you for all you've done. I doubt we could have accomplished this so soon without you.
All hell has broken loose in the center room. Get close to Maruut so as to stay in range of Stormcaller Jalara. Jalara will chain heal as necessary. Focus on Lorthuna, who retains her abilities from earlier and gains Shadow Bolt and Shadow Bolt Volley. At 66% health, she will ascend! Keep focusing on her and eventually the cavalry will arrive in the form of Therazane's forces! Kill Lorthuna to end the siege, saving the World Pillar!
- High Priestess Lorthuna says: Your tale ends here, shaman.
- Earthcaller Torunscar yells: Stop her! We can still complete da binding!
- High Priestess Lorthuna says: Deathwing shall bring destruction upon your entire order. And this day, I will be his blade!
- Lorthuna ascends!
- Therazane yells: Ma'haat, slaughter these rabble. I will deal with the fool priestess.
- Therazane yells: You should have taken the hint when we destroyed your precipice, cultist.
- High Priestess Lorthuna says: Hah...
- Earthcaller Torunscar yells: Thank da elements...
- Earthcaller Torunscar yells: It is done! We are finished.
- Earthcaller Torunscar yells: With the pillar restored, this realm is safe. We must attend to the wound on the surface.
- Earthmender Norsala says: Thank you, Stonemother. It was an honor to have...
- Therazane says: You've proven true to your word, Earthmender. For that, we will spare you our wrath.
- Therazane says: Once your wounded are gathered, you can thank me by leaving.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.