The Blood of Mannoroth (WC3 Orc)
The Blood of Mannoroth is an interlude in the Invasion of Kalimdor campaign.
Later that evening, near the Moonglades of Cenarius...
- Tichondrius and Mannoroth teleport into a clearing housing a pool surrounded by furbolgs. The furbolgs flee at Mannoroth's approach, but the pit lord kills one who is a bit too slow.
- Mannoroth: Ashenvale forest. After ten thousand years, I still recognized this cursed place! This is the vale of our ancient enemy, the night elves' demigod, Cenarius.
- Tichondrius: Yes. Lord Archimonde demands that Cenarius be destroyed before we launch the invasion of Kalimdor.
- Mannoroth: I would relish the chance to face him again in combat, but he is crafty and rarely appears in the open.
- Tichondrius: Fateful as it sounds, your pet orcs have recently despoiled these forestlands and incurred his wrath. Lord Archimonde and I believe that the orcs are capable of killing Cenarius for us.
- Mannoroth: They would have little chance against Cenarius. If memory serves, his powers were quite formidable.
- Tichondrius: Yes, but so are yours. The blood pact that you made with the orcs long ago still binds them to you. You need only recharge their energies.
- Mannoroth: Just what are you suggesting, dreadlord?
- Tichondrius: Spill your burning blood into this pool. Its corruption will lure the orcs to it, and once they've tasted your blood again, they will be unstoppable!
- Mannoroth walks up to the pool and taints it with his blood, causing its purple waters to turn red.
- Mannoroth: Ha ha ha ha ha...