The Brother's Trail
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- (Optional) Take the Portal to Wyrmrest Temple
- Speak with Lanigosa
- Find clues to Galford's location
- Go to the chasm on the Path of Giants
- Speak with Lanigosa
- Defeat Jotun
- Take the Spark of Tyr
- (Optional) Take Lanigosa's ride to Dalaran.
- Return to Dalaran.
We must reclaim the Silver Hand before those with evil intent can seize it. To free it from its wards, we need relics called the Sparks of Tyr. I have one, as does my brother, Galford.
He journeyed to Northrend to seek aid from the Tyr's homeland, but has not returned.
I must ask you to find him, and his Spark.
A terrible loss. You have the Spark he held, though, and I have another.
We must press on. I will mourn Galford another day.
- 18500 XP
- Hello, paladin. I sense you have business with me.
- I do. I am looking for a paladin named Galford.
- Ah yes! A very studious sort he was, eager to hear stories of Tyr, the titan keeper.
- Is your friend safe?
- In truth I do not know, I will seek him out.
- Lanigosa says: Galakrond's Rest can be dangerous. Perhaps a tracking spell will be of use.
- Lanigosa says: There! A bit of magic to help you follow in Galford's footsteps. Good luck!
Fly to Galakrond's Rest and be on the lookout for any clues.
- Old Campfire
- A Lurking Void Wraith appears and is quickly dispatched by the paladin adventurer. A Friendly Taunka Spirit then walks over and speaks.
- Friendly Taunka Spirit says: Your friend came seeking answers, his mind flooded by memories stored in the Spark of the noble watcher. He learned of Tyr's ancient battle against Galakrond, and of the hand he lost in the dragon's maw.
- Broken Sword
- Another void wraith appears, which is subsequently dealt with. The taunka spirit from before appears again.
- Friendly Taunka Spirit says: A silver hand was forged by Jotun, Tyr's dearest friend for many ages. When Tyr found proof of Loken's betrayal, it was Jotun who stayed behind to hold off the fallen watcher's pursuit.
- Broken Statue
- A final void wraith is killed, and the taunka spirit speaks one last time while kneeling in front of a note on the ground.
- Friendly Taunka Spirit says: Your friend sought out Jotun, but the Spark did not warn him of the cruel curse with which Loken twisted the watcher's mind. The paladin rushed to the chasm south of here, only to meet his doom.
- Carelessly Dropped Note
- Ancient warnings be damned! I should have made this pilgrimage years ago. The spark of Tyr possesses... memories! It has granted me visions of amazing history.
- It led me here, and showed me how the wounded Tyr was aided by his noble companion, Jotun. It was Jotun who helped replace the watcher's hand and engraved his warhammer with Tyr's new symbol. The stone giant still lives, wandering this broken pathway!
- It is time to meet this Jotun. Once he recognizes the spark, I have no doubt the giant will aid our cause!
Travel to the Path of the Titans, where Galford's corpse is located.
- Lanigosa flies in.
- Lanigosa yells: I've been looking all over for you. Have you found... Oh, no...
- Lanigosa says: I am truly sorry. It looks as though your friend was crushed. What could have...
- Jotun yells: Leave this place! Loken's curse compels me to slay the allies of Tyr. Until he comes to collect Tyr's spark, I must defend it!
- Lanigosa says: What is this essence the giant speaks of? I would have words with you, <name>.
Speak with Lanigosa.
- Tell me what is going on. What is it you seek, <name>?
- Galford was the bearer of a spark of Tyr's essence. It seems Jotun killed him and took it. I need the spark to claim Tyr's warhammer.
- Lanigosa yells: A just cause. I shall stand with you against the might of Jotun, <name>. Be ready!
Lanigosa will grant you a buff that drastically increases healing and damage done.
- Jotun yells: You leave me no choice! I must destroy you!
- Lanigosa and the paladin adventurer fight Jotun until suddenly...
- Jotun yells: The pain! It frees my mind of the curse... for the moment.
- Jotun yells: Loken's enchantment won't let me die. We have only a moment before I fall into madness again.
- Jotun yells: Here is the spark. Take it and flee! Keep the memory of my fallen friend alive.
Retrieve the Spark of Tyr.
- Lanigosa yells: If you desire, I can take you back to your city in the sky. I will return later for Galford's remains.
- Jotun says: For Tyr!
- Complete all of:
- The Highlord's Command (see disambig page)
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.