The Captive King
|Start||Highlord Bolvar Fordragon|
|End||Highlord Bolvar Fordragon|
|Level||60 (Requires 60)|
Use the Helm of Domination to peer into Torghast.
You have done everything in your power to locate King Anduin inside Torghast. I fear we could spend a lifetime searching those endless corridors to no avail.
We must know what fate has befallen him. To peer into the tower represents a grave risk, yet we have little choice.
Stand with me, <name>. Help me use the broken Helm of Domination to see into that hellish place.
Perhaps together, we can hold back the hungry darkness.
You will receive:
- 25 74
- 9,450 XP
We must peer into Torghast before Anduin is lost to us.
Anduin may appear unharmed, but his soul is imperiled.
Sylvanas Windrunner cannot be allowed to carry out her plan.
Interact with the Helm of Domination fragment before Bolvar and a cinematic plays, "No More Lies":
- Anduin is chained on his knees in the middle of a rune circle in a position reminiscent of the Jailer, somewhere in Torghast, as a heavy door opens, then slams shut. He closes his eyes, bracing himself, then looks up to see Sylvanas Windrunner walking toward him.
- Sylvanas: I do hope you've setled in. The accomodations are a bit... sparse, I know.
- Not playing along, Anduin cuts to the chase.
- Anduin: Where are the others? Are they safe?
- Sylvanas puts on a show of thinking for a moment.
- Sylvanas: Safe? No. I wouldn't say any of them are... safe.
- Anduin: I am so tired of your games.
- Sylvanas: As you wish.
- Sylvanas waves her left hand and the chains holding down Anduin disappear. He catches himself with his hands.
- Sylvanas: No more secrets. No more lies.
- Anduin looks up at her incredulously.
- Sylvanas: You are a weapon we will use to achieve our ends.
- Anduin gets to his feet.
- Anduin: I will not become an instrument of death.
- Sylvanas: So you favor... life, is that it? That momentary flicker. Every cruel second spent delaying the inevitable in an endless war that you, like every Wrynn before you, will not survive.
- Sylvanas: You know the truth. Nothing is fair. Not life, not death. So we're going to tear it all down.
- Sylvanas starts walking in around Anduin's cage.
- Anduin: And what purpose will that serve?
- Anduin attempts to walk forward, but the rune circle around him is actually inscribing an invisible hemisphere, and he bonks his head into it.
- Anduin: Everyone suffers, Sylvanas. But destroying everything will not take away the pain.
- Still circling around him, Sylvanas is behind Anduin at this point. He finally turns his head to follow her movements.
- Sylvanas: Ah, you misunderstand. We're breaking a system that has always been flawed, and remaking it into one that is just.
- In utter disbelief, Anduin chuckles.
- Anduin: Do you expect me to believe that, all this time, you've been fighting for justice?
- Sylvanas sighs, then looks into his eyes.
- Sylvanas: How can I convince you? From our first breath to our last, every decision is made for us.
- She starts walking back the other way.
- Sylvanas: Then the afterlife decides what eternity we must endure. We can't even choose who we...
- Sylvanas catches herself with a sigh.
- Sylvanas: We couldn't control anything. But through the Jailer, control of our fate will at last be possible.
- Incensed, Anduin locks eyes with Sylvanas.
- Anduin: Look around you! At what, and who you've joined. What makes you believe you're not just a weapon to achieve his ends?
- Returning the stare, Sylvanas delivers her ultimatum.
- Sylvanas: You have a choice to consider. Join us willingly... or be made to serve.
- Sylvanas turns, walking away as she finishes. Anduin turns away from her.
- Anduin: I thought you believed in free will, Sylvanas.
- This stops her short.
- Sylvanas: We've never had free will, Little Lion.
- She glances back at him for a moment before continuing her walk away.
- Sylvanas: But that... is about to change.
- In an ironic echo of Lost Honor, the cinematic ends with a door slamming shut.
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon says: That is... all I can see.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Anduin... a weapon? What could she mean?!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: At least he's alive and seemingly unharmed. Whatever the Banshee is after, he will not give in.
- Calia Menethil says: The Light is strong with Anduin. I know his heart will see him through this.
- Taelia Fordragon says: Sylvanas was toying with him. She spoke of breaking everything. She couldn't mean that... could she?
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon says: I do not know. But we must be cautious. Deliberate.
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon says: The Jailer's malevolence permeates everything in that tower. If he believes his prize is in jeopardy, he may decide to... discard it.
- Thrall says: Then we must remain patient. Maw Walker, continue your efforts to undermine the Jailer's cause.
- Thrall says: When the time comes, we will find Anduin... and bring him home.
- Beta description
- What they ask of me risks everything, but...
- ...but I am sworn to my prince. No, my king. I will do my best to peer once more into the tower. But I will need your help, <name>.
- Stay strong, Anduin.
- I knew it! The veil was too thin.
- Our foolish peering has brought the Shadowlands one step closer to the brink.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.