The Codex of Ra
100 - 110 (Requires 98)
The Thunder King conquered Pandaria using power stolen from the Titan Keeper Ra, known as "Ra-den" in the mogu tongue. If you truly seek to wield the relics of the Highkeeper, seek out his ancient edicts among the ruins in the heart of the mogu empire: The Edict of Stone, The Edict of Fire, and the Edict of the Storm.
These pieces of the codex are scattered amongst the Guo-Lai Halls in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, one in each wing.
Did you find an offering for the White Tiger?
That tiger is serious about this, isn't he?
While you were here, others came to the Temple of the White Tiger to present their offerings to him. It looks like we're going to have some competition.
- 15,050 XP
Fly all the way to Guo-Lai Halls, where the voice of Xuen welcomes you.
- Xuen says: Few mortals knew the history of Highkeeper Ra, his mastery over the elemental planes, and his relation to the mogu empire.
- Xuen says: If you seek to wield the weapons of the storm lord, venture within, and learn of his deeds and his unmaking...
The Edict of Fire is in the hands of Xioliang. Defeating him involves positioning him in the pool of water which reduces his haste significantly, as well as prevents applying stacks of Heating Up, without standing in it yourself. Remember to Flame-Wreathed Weapon which deals additional Fire damage.
- Xuen says: Together with the titan-forged sorceress Helya, Highkeeper Ra created four elemental realms in which to imprison the wayward elemental lords.
- Xuen says: He embedded the key to these realms into his shield, "The Highkeeper's Ward." Ra walked among the elemental planes, as both their jailor and master.
The Edict of Stone is in the hands of Zhu of the Eternal Stone. First clear the room of any statues that might activate during the fight, then interact with him to start the encounter. Defeating him requires the use of to remove a movement speed reduction debuff, as well as copious amounts of to get out of area attacks.
- Xuen says: When it came time to war against the Black Empire, Highkeeper Ra created an army of stone to do his bidding. These creatures were called the "mogu," and they called their god "Ra-den," or "Master Ra."
- Xuen says: The mogu proved to be Ra-den's undoing. Many ages later, corrupted by the curse of flesh and led by Lei Shen the Thunder King, the Highkeeper was overthrown.
The Edict of the Storm is in the hands of Thunder Serpent Nalak'Ra. It's a pretty straightforward fight which doesn't require any specific tactics apart from using to get out of attacks.
- Xuen says: In ages long past, before the era of the mortal races, Highkeeper Ra reigned over southern Kalimdor.
- Xuen says: The titan Aman'Thul bestowed upon the Highkeeper a fist of light, a claw forged in the heavens that spoke the language of storms and placed the power of lightning within Ra's clenched fist.
Once you've collected all the Edict, a Memory of Ra-den appears in the main hall, showing off Ra-den wielding and .
- Xuen says: Shaman, the Thunder King took up the weapons of Ra-den, but he could not wield them.
- Xuen says: Lei Shen could match the Highkeeper's storm and fury, but not his mastery of the elements themselves. Perhaps you have that power.
- Xuen says: Your companion waits for you. Return to me at my temple. We shall see if you can succeed where the Thunder King failed.
Patch 7.1.5 campaign
Patch 7.2.0 campaign
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.