The Crossing (WC3 BloodElf)
Tactical Blood Elf victory
Garithos ordered his troops to take explosives from a pile of explosive barrels, ignore the defenses and destroy the portal. He convincingly told them that the one who destroyed the portal would be a hero.
Kael, Vashj and some Blood Elf Engineers needed to hold Garithos forces from destroying the portal to Outland. The Blood Elf Engineers reconstruct the Dalaran's primary defenses, they constructed five types of defensive towers, they started constructing more and more towers with the resources taken from Kassan's prison while Garithos' Elite Guard ran past the towers ignoring them, with the only objective of destroying the portal by detonating explosives at it. After most of Garithos' forces were destroyed all of Kael's forces had passed through the portal, Kael ordered the Engineers to fall back to the portal, then he and Vashj passed through the portal and after that it was closed.
Moments later, as the allied blood elves and naga spill into the back alleys of Dalaran...
- Build towers to stop Garithos' men
- The Portal must survive
Garithos is sending his men on a suicide mission to destroy the Portal. You need only hold out long enough for all of the Blood Elves to get through to Outland. Place defensive towers in strategic locations to stop Garithos' army from reaching and destroying the Portal. Defend the Portal from Garithos' troops while the rest of the Blood Elves escape.
- Prince Kael'thas: Quickly, my brethren, take your positions. Garithos' forces will be here any moment.
- Lady Vashj: We have reached the portal, Kael. Now we'll attempt to open it!
- Engineer: Prince Kael, the other engineers and I helped to build Dalaran's original defenses. We could salvage materials from these ruins and construct whatever defensive towers you need.
- Prince Kael'thas: Glad to hear it. You'd best get moving.
- Grand Marshal Garithos: Blasted elves, I knew they'd try something like this. Forget about those damned towers--I want that portal destroyed! Those traitors aren't going anywhere.
- Grand Marshal Garithos: Use these explosives on the portal!
- Grand Marshal Garithos: Whoever destroys the portal will be a hero!
- Lady Vashj: We've done it. The portal is open. Let the exodus begin!
- Prince Kael'thas: Well done, Vashj. If we build more strategic towers, we should be able to hold off Garithos' forces long enough for our people to get through.
- Lady Vashj: You'd better be right. If the portal falls, none of us will survive!
During the Mission
- Destroying Magic Vaults
- Prince Kael'thas: I won't allow the humans to get their hands on this.
- Prince Kael'thas: I claim this for the Kirin Tor. The humans have no rights to it.
- Prince Kael'thas: This artifact will help us greatly.
- Portal attacked
- Lady Vashj: The portal is under attack! Defend it at all costs!
- Lady Vashj: Protect the portal!
- Lady Vashj: They're attacking the portal! It must be defended!
- 25 waves remaining - Flame Towers become available
- Engineer: Prince Kael, we've completed a new type of defense tower.
- 21 waves remaining - Cold Towers become available
- Engineer: Prince Kael, the plans are complete for this new tower.
- 16 waves remaining
- Lady Vashj: Kael, nearly half of our forces are through! You've got to hold Garithos at bay!
- 16 waves remaining - Death Towers become available
- Engineer: Prince Kael, this new tower is our final and ultimate creation.
- 13 waves remaining
- Grand Marshal Garithos: Release the experiments!
- Grand Marshal Garithos: Bust open the cages! We'll all need the beasts we can use.
- 8 waves remaining
- Lady Vashj: Nearly everyone is through! Just a while longer, and we'll have done it!
- Lady Vashj: Kael, everyone is through! Fall back and we'll close the portal behind us!
- Prince Kael'thas: All right, men! Pull back! Back to the portal!
- Lady Vashj: Now, young prince, we take one final step... towards destiny.
- 1 Dark Knight
- 1 Captain
- 3 Mountain Kings
- 2 Paladins
- 2 Archmagi
- 1 Bandit Lord
- 1 Forest Troll Warlord
- 1 Ogre Lord
- 1 Overlord Arachnathid
- 1 Storm Wyrm
- 1 Deeplord Revenant
- 1 Ancient Sasquatch
- 1 Pandaren Brewmaster
- Flying Machines
- Mortar Teams
- Gryphon Riders
- Siege Engines
- Apprentice Wizards
- Forest Troll Berserkers
- Goblin Zeppelins
- Goblin Sappers
- Ogre Warriors
- Ogre Magi
- Royal Guards
- Red Drakes
- Warrior Arachnathid
- Thunder Lizards
- Water Elementals
- Goblin Shredders
- Rock Golems
- Ice Revenants
- Elder Sasquatch
- Red Dragons
- Siege Golems
- Centaur Khans
- Gargantuan Sea Turtles
- If the player manages to survive the 30 waves, a pandaren drawing will appear on the screen and will receive a Pandaren Brewmaster hero for the next mission.
- The map has been overhauled and changed to have the waves cut less corners at the end, but more at the beginning.
- The map now reveals to be the same map of the first and second missions, albeit making the previously hidden, eastern part available.
- The Arcane Vault has been removed.
- The items within the crates and vaults are now protected by creeps.
- Units attempting to enter Garithos's base while the gate is open will cause them to die immediately.
- The food limit has now been increased to 50
- Upgrading to the Arctic Tower will give it splash damage and slow.
- New quest added: Enchanted Ruins.
- Objective: Seek out powerful relics in the rubble.
- Description: Unknown treasures may have survived the destruction of Dalaran.