The Curator (Return to Karazhan)
|It has been suggested that this article or section be moved to The Curator (Return to Karazhan tactics).
|Race||Arcane golem (Mechanical)|
The Curator is the fifth boss in Return to Karazhan.
The Curator safeguards the Menagerie from unwelcome guests, terminating trespassers who seek to plunder the secrets of Karazhan. Though assembled by Medivh himself, the guardian construct has deteriorated over time, becoming prone to energy overloads and erratic behavior.
The Curator loses mana as it casts spells to strike its foes. When it reaches 10% mana, it will cease attacking and rapidly regenerate its mana. While it does so, it is very vulnerable to player attacks.
- Focus fire Volatile Energy before its Arc Lightning becomes unmanageable for healers.
- The Curator is at its most vulnerable when it casts Evocation.
- The Curator inflicts heavy damage with Overload after finishing Evocation.
- The Curator targets you with Power Discharge. Place damaging area effects strategically.
- Summon Volatile Energy — The Curator summons a ball of Volatile Energy that attacks its foes.
- Volatile Energy
- Arc Lightning — Volatile Energy shoots lightning at a random enemy, inflicting 52500 Arcane damage. This damage increases every time the Volatile Energy casts Arc Lightning.
- Static Charge — Volatile Energy surges toward an enemy, inflicting 370000 to 430000 Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yds on arrival.
- Power Discharge — The Curator fires a ball of lightning which inflicts 138750 to 161250 Arcane damage on impact and creates an area of Power Discharge that periodically inflicts 300625 Arcane damage to players who remain inside.
- Evocation — The Curator evocates, taking 100% increased damage and regaining mana.
- Overload — The Curator explodes with energy after casting Evocation, inflicting 435000 Arcane damage. This effect is stronger for each Overload the Curator has cast.
|Arcane Artifact Relic|
|Life Artifact Relic|
|Fel Artifact Relic|
|Ranged DPS trinket|
- Janitorial units: begin Menagerie decontamination.
- The Menagerie is for-- ERADICATE! ERADICATE!
- Welcome to the-- TERMINATE INTRUDERS!
- Summon Volatile Energy
- Countermeasures deployed.
- DETERENT ACIVATED!
- Overload in progress. Prepare for-- PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!
- Attention guests: DIE! DIE! DIE!
- Evocation ends
- Deterrent protocols successful.
- Killed a player
- Curator is no longer op... er... ation... al.
- System... failure... im... mi... nent...
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Added