The Damaged Journal (Horde)
The Taunka +250
This battered, mud-stained journal has seen better days. Leafing through the pages, you discover dozens of notes, diagrams, and maps in the dwarven language.
The only text you're able to decipher is the name of Brann Bronzebeard scrawled at the end of one of the entries.
The back half of the book, containing the most recent entries, has been torn away. Someone thought the notes important enough to attempt to destroy them. Perhaps gathering the missing pages from the battlefield will yield some clues.
What's that you have there?
Who is this Brann Bronzebeard? The iron dwarves found no reason to treat with him, but I have no idea why we'd be interesting in his writings.
When completing the quest:
- Sage Paluna says: This is an intriguing find, <name>, but I don't know what to make of it.
- Sage Paluna says: The language is unfamiliar and for all we know, it's just some soldier's journal.
- Scout Vor'takh says: Let me take a look at that.
- Scout Vor'takh says: Hmm...
- Scout Vor'takh says: This journal is written in dwarven. I can't read this scrawl, but I can make out one thing.
- Scout Vor'takh says: 'Brann Bronzebeard.' The brother of Ironforge's king? You may have spoken too soon, Paluna.
- Sage Paluna says: What do you mean?
- Scout Vor'takh says: Think about how valuable a member of the dwarven royal family would be as a hostage.
- Scout Vor'takh says: If he's in the area, we must find him. First, though, we'll need a way to decipher this journal.