The Dark Portal (Alliance)
91 (Requires 90)
The Dark Portal begins the post-Warlords expansion launch quest chain in an instanced version of Tanaan Jungle, the Assault on the Dark Portal, itself the second half of the Warlords of Draenor intro experience. A "What's New?" window will appear the first time the player logs in after Warlords of Draenor has been launched and will start this quest. Should players close the window, Hero's Call Boards in all capital cities also offer the quest.
- Speak with Archmage Khadgar
DEFENDERS OF AZEROTH
Champions who are interested in glory can meet Khadgar at the base of the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.
Safety not guaranteed.
Looks to me like we ended up in the right place.
- 6850 XP
- <The archmage focuses intently on the portal.>
- Look. Their numbers are abating, however briefly. This may be our chance.
- Are you prepared to face whatever's on the other side of that portal?
A second check appears:
- You are about to embark on a dangerous mission, and you may not be able to return immediately. Are you sure?
After hitting accept, cinematic plays:
- Archmage Khadgar This is our chance. Storm the portal!
At expansion release, a projection of Khadgar was located in Stormwind's Trade District, Orgrimmar's Valley of Strength, and the Shrine of Seven Stars and the Shrine of Two Moons in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, which acted the same way as the one in Blasted Lands. This was a means to easing server stress by spreading out the questers and not having all the level 90s of a realm suddenly show up in one spot.
Possessing this quest will block access to the Blasted Lands quests that follow the breadcrumb quest "Iron Horde Invasion!". You can either drop this quest to finish the Blasted Lands quests, or complete the quest chain through the Tanaan Jungle and then return to the Blasted Lands to complete the quest chain there.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.