The Dark Side of the Moon
- For other uses, see Dark Side of the Moon.
Automatic / Prophet Velen
91 (Requires 90)
+500 Council of Exarchs
<Prophet Velen's voice continues.>
Meet us there. We must stop him.
You will receive one of:
Ner'zhul will pay for what he has done.
We saved everyone we could, <name>. We were too late for the others... including my sister.
Prophet Velen is right. When it is asked of us, we ALL must fight. I promise this: I will never again let my loved ones suffer.
Ner'zhul is close to calling down the Dark Star. We are the only ones who can stop him.
- 17300 XP
- +500 Council of Exarchs
After automatically accepting this quest, head due south through the rock formation where the Mark of Darkness was, find the path that leads up the hill to the Terrace of the Stars, and meet Yrel on the path not far from the top of the area:
- Yrel says: Are you ready, hero? It's just up this way.
Follow her to just outside the stone circle, to find Velen hiding behind a bush:
- Yrel says: Over here, hero, before they see us! Listen - they're talking about the Dark Star.
- Ner'zhul says: Behold my power, Warchief Hellscream. With my clan at your side, you will be unstoppable.
- Arkeddon spawns in the center.
- Arkeddon yells: The void... HUNGERS!
- A demon portal opens behind the orcs.
- Grommash Hellscream says: Well done, Ner'zhul. We attack Karabor soon. Summon forth the Dark Star.
- Ner'zhul says: I will begin my preparations at once.
- They run over and leave through the portal.
- Yrel says: What is that monstrosity?
- Prophet Velen says: It is but a fraction of the Dark Star's power.
- Yrel runs forth to attack.
- Yrel says: We'll see about that!
Take it out.
- Yrel looks to the altar: her big sister is laying on top of it. She is dying.
- Yrel says: Samaara!
- Yrel runs to her sister, but it's too late to help her and they both know it.
- Yrel says: No. No!!!!!
- She kneels in front of the altar, sobbing.
- Samaara is weak and fading, but speaks with love and encouragement.
- Samaara says: Yrel, do not be sad. I did not choose this fate, but you... you can still choose.
- Samaara says: Be strong, little one. I... I will be watching over you.
- Samaara breaths her last and dies. Her spirit appears and rises up, disappearing into a sparkle of light.
- Yrel says: Samaara, I swear to you, I will become strong. I will protect our people. I. Will. Fight!
- Yrel stands, angry, but controlled and determined.
- Yrel says: Come, champion. I will need your help to crush this "Iron Horde."
- Yrel and Velen run down the hill path to the northeast, back toward Embaari Village.
Back at Embaari:
- Vindicator Maraad says: The Iron Horde fleet has been sighted off the coast. We're calling every defender to the Temple.
- Yrel says: But Ner'zhul poses an equal threat. What should we do, Prophet?
- Prophet Velen says: Champion, I need your help to stop the Dark Star's arrival. Maraad, can you hold Karabor until we are finished?
- Vindicator Maraad says: As long as the defense crystal stands, we will hold.
- Vindicator Maraad says: Commander, I will gather the troops from your garrison. Do not delay long, they will need your leadership on the battlefield.
This completes the "A Sister's Sacrifice" portion of . The Shadowmoon Valley storyline continues with .
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.