The Dark that Blinds Us
91 (Requires 90)
Take chalk rubbings of the northern, eastern, western, and southern Tribal Stones in the Burial Fields.
- Eastern stone rubbing
- Northern stone rubbing
- Western stone rubbing
- Southern stone rubbing
After years of research, there is still so much I do not understand about the Shadowmoon.
To the southwest are stone monuments detailing the orcs' history.
I'm not able to get close enough to examine the stones, but perhaps you can.
If you could take a chalk rubbing of the words written on those stones, and I will reward you handsomely.
Oh my, I see, I see! These writings will give me much insight into the Shadowmoon clan's culture.
Thank you, <name>.
- Loreseeker Heidii says: I see... the clan's ancestors forbade the use of void magic. So why has Ner'zhul broken their ancient laws?
- 13830 XP
While in the area for the , find Loreseeker Heidii at the northwest end of the blue-tinged area. The four stones give the four texts in numerical order regardless of which order you read the stones in:
- Today, a bright fire exploded across the heavens.
- A great white crystal landed in the plains below our village.
- We know not what it is. Is it a gift from our ancestors?
- Shortly afterward, a shadow appeared in the sky beneath the pale moon. Some stare at it in fear, others in adoration.
- The clan has given it many names: great father, dark mother.
- The Chieftain calls it the "Dark Star."
- Since the crystals fell, our power has grown in ways we do not fully understand.
- We have always spoken the language of the stars and the earth. Now, we hear another - the voice of shadow.
- Yesterday, we found one of our clan defiling the spirits of our ancestors.
- The Chieftain is livid. It is clear - this new magic is dangerous. It leads us down a path from which we cannot return.
- From this day forth, let it be known. The powers of shadow are forbidden to the clan.
- The "Dark Star" is evil.
On the side of the four tribal stones closer to the white crystal in the center of the area, find a Peaceful Offering. Each container holds a , 10-20x , and will debuff the player for 10 minutes with "Desecrator: Your desecration of the Shadowmoon Clan's burial grounds has not gone unnoticed."
- During development, Loreseeker Heidii said "I see... the Shadowmoon clan was forbidden to tap into shadow magic. So why has Ner'zhul broken their ancient laws?"
- During development, the first stone read that four objects fell. Presumably this would have corresponded to Oshu'gun, the large piece in the middle of Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, the large piece at the entrance of Anguish Fortress, and the large piece in the Crypt of the Ancients in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.