The Darkness (quest)
110 (Requires 110)
+250 Highmountain Tribe
Defeat Uul'gyneth the Darkness.
- Uul'gyneth slain
For thousands of years, the Darkness was held at bay. The wards stood... protecting Highmountain.
Now they are gone, and evil is free once more.
The Darkness that haunted our dreams... that even the kobolds spoke of only in frightened whispers... has come.
Uul'gyneth, herald of the Old Gods, paves the way for his masters. Unless we stand together and defeat him, all is lost.
You must hold nothing back, champion. None of us can.
I cannot put into words how much you have done for us this day, or how grateful I am to have you as an ally.
You have our thanks, hero. You have MY thanks.
I owe you a great debt for this.
- Uul'gyneth says: This mountain belongs to us, mortals. You will soon become vessels for this world's true power!
Ebyssian, Baine, and Mayla fight the Darkness. Baine throws his totems.
- Ebyssian says: These heroes do not stand alone.
- Ebyssian says: Together, we will banish your darkness!
- Uul'gyneth says: You will serve us, dragon, just as Neltharion did! Your kind always bends to the whispers.
- The Darkness defeated
- Baine Bloodhoof says: I did not realize that I had invited a dragon to feast with us at Thunder Bluff. Had I known, I might have set a bigger table!
- Spiritwalker Ebonhorn says: Only Mayla and our champion knew my secret before. Now I entrust it to you as well, chieftain.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: I see no reason for anyone else to know, spiritwalker. Let it be a matter kept… between friends.
- Upon completion
- Mayla Highmountain says: Today was very nearly a dark day for Azeroth.
- Mayla Highmountain says: Had Uul'gyneth's plan succeeded, we all would have been made into servants of the Old Gods… including Ebonhorn.
- Spiritwalker Ebonhorn says: I shudder at the thought, Mayla. Without the swift action of Baine and this champion, all would have been lost.
- Mayla Highmountain says: Baine Bloodhoof, you have demonstrated courage, honor, and loyalty. I believe it is time for your people and mine to renew our bonds of kinship.
- Mayla Highmountain says: If you will have us, the tauren of Highmountain would be proud to join your Horde.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: The Horde will be honored to welcome you! Let us travel to Orgrimmar and share the good news with our Warchief.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Added.