The Darkreaver Menace
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
60 (Requires 58)
Use the Divination Scryer in the heart of the Great Ossuary's basement in the Scholomance. Doing so will bring forth spirits you must fight. Defeating these spirits will summon forth Death Knight Darkreaver; defeat him.
Death Knight Darkreaver lords over the Great Ossuary in the Scholomance. He threatens to twist the spirit realm to do his own bidding, and he must be stopped! This is where the scryer you helped make comes into play.
Use the divination scryer in the heart of the Great Ossuary's basement to call forth Darkreaver's spirit minions. Defeat the spirits and the death knight himself will appear. <Name>, bring me his head! Only his demise will reverse the damage done to the spirit realm!
Time is critical, <name> - have you succeeded in stopping Death Knight Darkreaver's threat?
This is a victory to savor, <name>! The demise of Darkreaver should restore the fragile fetters that anchor the spirit realm.
You have far exceeded what was asked of you, even when you had no notion of reward or compensation. You are truly a <class> of worth, my friend.
I know that acting to preserve the spirit realm should be thanks enough, but please - accept this simple gift with my thanks.
- Kill Banal Spirits, Malicious Spirits and Corrupted Spirits to summon the death knight.
- This quest previously rewarded , an inferior helm that was seen by many players as not worth the quest.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): "The Darkreaver Menace" quest has had its reward improved.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.