Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
The Day that Deathwing Came (quest)
Listen to Theldurin's tale.
Deathwing made quite a mess when he passed through these parts. If it weren't for me, he'd probably still be here, layin' waste to all the good people of the Badlands.
What, you don't believe me? Fine, let me tell you the whole story.
Some story, huh? Now you know why Deathwing hasn't come back here since.
- I remember it well. It was a bright, shiny day...
- The camera pans and looks up to the sky.
- I was just mindin' my own business, when all of a sudden, Deathwing appeared!
- Deathwing flies into frame and heads down the scar to the northeast.
- I said to myself, "I'm gonna punch that dragon in the face!"
- Theldurin the Lost yells: I'm gonna punch that dragon in the face!
- Unfortunately, the cataclysm had knocked loose a bunch of angry elementals.
- The camera tilts down to show the "Dang-Blasted Rock Elemental"s.
- Theldurin the Lost yells: You dang-blasted rock elementals!
- Theldurin the Lost yells: I'll punch you too!
Players are now in Theldrin's boots. He has precisely one ability:
- Theldurin's Fist — Plant an angry fist in any obstacle that gets in your way. (1 sec cooldown)
Clear a path through the Dang-Blasted Rock Elementals and the Gol' Durned Rock Heaps. Theldurin has some commentary during the process:
- Theldruin the Lost says: P-p-punch!
- Theldruin the Lost says: Face punch!
- Theldruin the Lost says: Take that, dangerous enemy!
- Theldruin the Lost says: Theldurin the Lost!
- Theldruin the Lost says: Get punched!
- Theldruin the Lost says: I'm going to punch that dragon right in the face!
- Theldruin the Lost says: I'm coming for you, Deathwing!
After clearing the last rock heap, Deathwing, in humanoid form, is standing inside a flame ring. At 858 million health, he has the highest health yet encountered in WoW.
Charge in and punch him in the face! Theldurin's story ends at that point. Talk to him again to complete the quest.
After completing the quest, Lucien Tosselwrench speaks up and offers the followup.
- Lucien Tosselwrench says: No, no, no, Theldurin. You're telling the story wrong!
- Side chain:
- Complete all of
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.