The Deaths of Chromie
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|The Deaths of Chromie|
- 1 Before beginning
- 2 Choose your talents
- 3 Time chests
- 4 Reputation
- 5 Outside in Dragonblight
- 6 Obsidian Dragonshrine
- 7 Ruby Dragonshrine
- 8 Emerald Dragonshrine
- 9 Azure Dragonshrine
- 10 The Well of Eternity
- 11 The burning of Mount Hyjal
- 12 Battle for Andorhal
- 13 The culling of Stratholme
- 14 [Sands of Time]
- 15 Rewards
- 16 Quest-line
- 17 Pro tips
- 18 Notes
- 19 Patch changes
- 20 References
- 21 External links
The level of your character and mobs is turned to 112.
Before starting the event, Chromie goes to the future and sees her death occurring. She goes into the future again to ask if something had been going on lately. speaks about undead at the Ruby Dragonshrine. speaks of ley-line disturbance at the Azure Dragonshrine. speaks about ancients being unable to rest at the Emerald Dragonshrine. Future Chromie speaks of at the Obsidian Dragonshrine.
Choose your talents
|Reputation||Talent 1||Talent 2|
|Temporal Trainee||Accelerated Aggression||Rapid Recovery|
|Timehopper||Dragon's Determination||Chrono Charisma|
|Chrono-Friend||Insight||Blessing of the Bronze Dragonflight|
|Epoch-Mender||Infinite Velocity||Keepsake Continuum|
Thought the scenario, you can find Time Chests. These contain between 1-4 Sands of Time.
Every mob you kill gives you reputation with Chromie, which is required in order to unlock all of the talent tree.
Outside in Dragonblight
Near each of the Dragonshines (and Wyrmrest Temple) are five rare elites. While you are not required to fight them, it is advised you do so. They have small health pools, their damage is low, they always spawn and they drop between 1-4 each.
- outside the Emerald Dragonshrine.
- outside the Azure Dragonshrine.
- outside the Obsidian Dragonshrine.
- outside the Ruby Dragonshrine.
- around Wyrmrest Temple.
If this is your first time, you must first make your though the Obsidian Dragonshrine and kill the . After this, run back outside and go to the left side of the entrance. Right if you are coming only to kill .
It all started when Chromie noticed Wrathion going to the Obsidian Dragonshrine. She didn't know why but decided not to follow.
It is revealed that a demon, named , has raised the smoldering undead as a distraction in order to release a clear shot spell at Wyrmrest Temple to kill Chromie.
An adventurer and past Chromie appear and ask to explain. He told them that an unknown demonic force has occupied the abandoned Obsidian Dragonshrine. While his father was evil, he told them that he would never partner with the Burning Legion. The adventurer and Chromie go deep in the cave and after facing , , , they come face to face with a . With its defeat, the dreadlord reveals himself, telling his master that he only needs a clear shot. The two of them search outside the dragonshrine and found him hiding. They kill him and one of Chromie's assassins is taken care of.
- The demon will always be located in the same place.
When obtained, go inside the tree and Chromie will summon Talar.
At the Ruby Dragonshrine, is leading the defense against the undead. She explains that while a ghoul or two attack the dragonshrine daily, today was different. An army of undead marched on them and their leader hid himself inside the middle tree.
It is revealed that is ready to launch an attack on Chromie. The lich will cast a necromatic spell that will hit Wyrmrest Temple and kill Chromie.
An adventurer and past Chromie appear and ask Xerestrasza to explain. They both agree to help defend the dragonshrine and find out who is behind this. They kill the attacker's lieutenants and create a to reveal the Lich. They kill him and one of Chromie's assassins is taken care of.
- After you open a portal at Wyrmrest Temple, you can simply kill the lich without taking care of his lieutenants.
Once you have one of the Nightmare-Catchers, you can go to the sleepless ancients , and . Once there activate the Nightmare-Catcher, you must kill the Dream Tormentors. Each ancient will give you a clue to Chromie murderer. You must put all three to rest before you can summon . Once you are at the skeletal dragon's claw, Chromie will summon Thalas Vylethorn. Kill him and Chromie is saved.
It all started when learned of the ancients at Emerald Dragonshrine. He doesn't know why and entrusts to figure it out.
An adventurer and past Chromie appear and ask to explain. She says that the ancients can't sleep anymore. They agree to help Nishera find the cause of this problem. They started to kill Emerald Lashers and Emerald Skytalons in order to get Emeraldine Plumes and Twisted Fibers to create a .
They do this for three times and go to the ancients , , and ease them by killing their Dream Tormentors from the Emerald Nightmare. The three ancient reveal the location of the one responsible for the ancients unrest. A satyr named is behind the attack. The two of them search around the dragonshrine and found him hiding under a dead dragon's claw.They kill him and one of Chromie's assassins is taken care of.
- The demon will always be located in the same place, so simply go to him.
It is revealed that a is planning to use the Ley lines to release a clear shot spell at Wyrmrest Temple to kill Chromie.
Combining them together they created a .They fly to the top of one of the platforms and summon the one who had been causing the confusion in the ley lines, . They kill it and one of Chromie's assassins is taken care of.
- The void lord will always be located in the same place so simply go to him.
The Well of Eternity
If you don't have Tyrande's Moonstone, you will be forced to run. The Well of Eternity is a race against time. It is a long run that will require you to get to Grolethax and kill him as soon as possible. On the grounds of the well, there are many mobs with slow down ability that will slow you down to waste your time. After you made it to Queen Azshara's Palace, mount up and rush to Grolethax. The demon is located at the place where you fought the first boss in the Well of Eternity.
Before the heroes arrive to claim the Demon Soul in order to defeat , Chromie arrived early and was burned by felfire(presumably by Grolethax). Her dying body is discovered by her present day and an adventurer. In order to save herself, Chrome needs to get her past self through the portal which Nozdormu opens to retrieve the Demon Soul. However, a demon named Grolethax is trying to prevent the dragon from leaving so she can die in the past.
Chromie and the adventurer rush to the demon and kill him, allowing her past self to be saved.
- Avoid confrontations at all cost.
- Unless Chromie decides not to be stupid(attack) and you are a night elf, you can cheese it by getting to the portal leading to Queen Azshara's Palace and if you are being chased. (You can only use the transport when you are out of combat.)
- Grolethax needs to die, an invisible wall blocks your way if he is still alive.
The burning of Mount Hyjal
In order to save Chromie, you must survive five waves of monsters.
If you don't have the , you will be forced to fight through the waves. On the first wave, you must take out a and four Flame Hounds. On the second wave, you must take out a and four Seething Pyrelords. On the third wave, you must take out a Firelord. On the forth wave, you must take out ten Blazing Phoenixes. On the last wave, you must take out a .
Be it intentional or not, Chromie has been beaten and just before a appears to finish the job an adventurer from the future comes by and gives Chromie enough time to gather her energy and hearthstone away.
- This is one of those events that will take you some time. if you don't have a , engage ALL THE ENEMIES and down them as fast as possible.
- AoE spells are suggested when dealing with the waves.
- To grab them all, kite them next to one another as Chromie will try to freeze them in place if you get too far away from them.
- Rush immediately to Chrome.(NOT YOUR COMPANION) The waves will only start when you get close to her.
Battle for Andorhal
To remove Electrokinetic Defense Grid you need to loot the .(If you are Alliance you need to kill , If you are Horde you need to kill )
To remove Heavy Iron Plating you need to loot the .(If you are Alliance you need to kill , If you are Horde you need to kill )
However, even with these buff removed, the cannon still has a lot of health. To fully destroy the cannon, you need to loot the . (If you are Alliance you need to kill , If you are Horde you need to kill )
Depending on your buffs, you will require between 1-3 Military Explosives.
When the cannon is destroyed, you have saved Chromie.
Presumably taking place after the Scourge was driven out of Andorhal, Chromie used to reside in Andorhal before the Alliance and the Horde. While the first time she left with not problem, this time she is being attacked from both sides. With two cannons firing at the Town Hall, Chromie is trapped.
Chromie's future self arrives with an adventurer and travel around the city to get materials to blow up the cannon. Once one cannon is destroyed, Chromie is able to escape.
There are several named powerful NPCs running around, killing them will yield Sands of Time.
- You are required to kill / and /
- You may want to ignore the other champions as they only drop Sands of Time, have a lot of health and have nasty abilities that will either keep you in place or fire you back.(Waste of Time)
The culling of Stratholme
In order to save Chromie, you must make your way to the Crusaders' Square and kill .
If you don't have the , you will have to go to for the . This requires you to run errands for Emery around Stratholme. With the town being on lock down, Emery requires you to go around town and fetch him some , and . However, before he gives you the key, you must go give the Marigold Bouquet to . She then asks for items to protect her kids after witnessing Arthas murder a person in cold Blood. Now her errand boy, you must bring her some , and a . You then go back to Emery and he asks you to bring him a and a . After all this is done make you way to Crusaders' Square just like the original dungeon. When you arrive, kill .
Before Chromie could instruct the five adventurers to help Arthas survive the Culling of Stratholme. She is kidnapped by Nezar'Azret and taken to Crusaders' Square. They were followed by Tick and now waits outside Stratholme.
A love not meant to be
has a crush on , but he won't admit it. He sends an adventurer to get him supplies, including flowers. He asks the adventurer to deliver the flowers to and tell her they are for the kids. She immediate realizes that they are intended for her and blushes. Meliana has a crush on Emery, but she also won't admit it, calling Emery a big dummy. Soon after Arthas appears and kills of one of the citizens. Afraid for her safety and the orphans, she asks the adventurer to bring her some supplies to defend herself with. One of those supplies were some Salted Venison Jerky and when you bring it to her, she asks the adventurer to deliver it to Emery. When Emery receives it, he gives a soft smile. Deciding not to go down with out a fight, Emery asks the adventurer to bring him some equipment to help him burn down the inn. For his help, Emery finally gives the key.
- sells the and the .
- sells the .
- sells the .
- sells the .
- sells the and the
- sells the . (Purpose Unknown)
- If you have the , simply unlock it to get to .
- The items they ask are always the same, you can go buy them before accepting the quests.
- drops from Risen Steeds.
- helps you skip the Well of Eternity.
- helps you skip the The Burning of Mount Hyjal.
- helps you skip the Battle for Andorhal.
- helps you skip the Culling of Stratholme.
- has no use except providing a bit of lore.
Note that you cannot get a shortcut for a challenge that you have not completed normally yet.
Should you choose this, you will get 10 Timewarped Badges. You can get it again.
You can also get the opportunity to increases your flight and running speed by 10%. You can get it multiple times.
Should you get the opportunity to get the Time Buff, you will be able to increase the time limit of 15 minutes. This can range from 10 to 30 seconds. You can get it more than once.
Should you get the opportunity to get Bronze Drake buff. Once activated, Bronze Drake appears. He will travel to a remaining Dragonshrine and take out the threat for you. Should all four Dragonshrine be dealt with, the drake gives you a buff instead. The buff is called Chrono Charisma, which gives you a 100% increase for Chromie's Reputation.
You have to opportunity to earn easy reputation with Chromie. This can be a simple +50, +100 +200 reputation. Another reputation is a buff that increases reputation with Chromie by killing mobs. This buff is called Favor of the Bronze.
You can also get the opportunity to increases your damage. The Buff is called Fangs of the Bronze which increases you damage by 10%. You can get it multiple times.
You can also get the opportunity to increases your defense. The Buff is called Hide of the Bronze which deceased the damage you take by 10%. You can get it multiple times.
Should you be able to complete The Deaths of Chromie scenario, you will earn one of the following:
- (Rogue,Monk,Druid,Demon Hunter)
- (Hunter, Shaman)
- (Warrior,Paladin,Death Knight)
Start and Dragonblight
Stratholme past & Andorhal
- Kill the five Rare Elites in Dragonblight.
- Gather as much as you can and activate them immediately.
- Complete the four Dragonshrines first on your first true. (Open all Chornoportals first.)
- Once you get the hang of it, always start with the Dragonshines.
- Always asks for the Bronze dragonflight's assistance. The drake will always clear a Dragonshrine.
- Buy all the items in Stratholme before starting your questline for the key.
- You can fly in the Battle for Andorhal.
- was a part of scenario during the PTR where he would be summoned to assist Chromie and the adventurer. He was replaced by Bronze Drake.
- During the PTR, Chromie had a small conversation after completing the final quest:
- Chromie says: Everything seems... back to normal. The Timelines are clearer. I don't see myself dying anymore.
- Chromie says: That's good!
- Chromie says: There ARE a few things still bothering me, though...
- Chromie says: A whole lot of people seemed very intent on killing me. Demons, elements, undead, void lords... even the Horde and the Alliance!
- Chromie says: Why's everybody so mad at me? I think we should probably figure that out, eventually.
- Chromie says: But that's a problem for the future us! Well, future you and past me. Aw, don't worry about it. Time is complicated.
- Chromie says: See you next time, <name>!
- As confirmed by the developers, the 112 level settings imply the next expansion will involve dragons.
- The maws, or holes in the ground they caused, featured in the Dragon Soul instance are not present.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Added.