The Defense of Karabor
92 (Requires 90)
+250 Council of Exarchs
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Gains
- 7 Notes
- 8 Progression
- 9 Patches and hotfixes
- 10 External links
- Complete The Defense of Karabor
Defend Karabor from the Iron Horde.
At the end of the northern courtyard is Arnokk the Burner. He guards the entrance to the harbor behind Karabor, where the main Iron Horde army is waiting.
Once we've taken care of him, we'll need to deal with the Iron Horde leader, Commander Vorka.
- Vindicator Akama says: These are the last of our forces. We'll stay here to hold the temple gates.
- Vindicator Akama says: Champion, I need you to fight your way to the harbor.
You will receive one of:
As this scenario can only be done once, it is documented here.
Stage 1: Defeat Arnokk the Burner
- Fight your way to the back gates and defeat Arnokk the Burner
- Defeat Arnokk the Burner
Head south. Arnokk at the eastern end of the courtyard near the door to the south. Save cooldowns for the last 20% when he summons reinforcements -- they will despawn on his death.
Stage 2: Meet Yrel at the Karabor Harbor
- Fight your way to the Karabor Harbor
- Clear a path to Karabor Harbor x5
- Meet Yrel at the Karabor Harbor.
After Arnokk's death, keep moving south and kill five orcs along the way. Be warned that once you exit the hallway, Commander Vorka will order the fleet to constantly bombard the stairs. Head through the hall and down the stairs to the southeast. Yrel is at the base of the steps.
- Commander Vorka yells: Iron Fleet! Darken the skies!
Clearing the trios of orcs will free up the defenders and they will throw you a heal before leaving.
- Karabor Paladin says: Forward! We must stop Vorka!
- Karabor Paladin says: My thanks to you. Be healed and carry on!
- Karabor Paladin says: Thank you for you assistance, be healed and back to battle!
Stage 3: Protect K'ara from the invading forces
- Protect K'ara until it becomes fully empowered.
- Defend K'ara until it becomes fully empowered
- Yrel says: Champion, the naaru has come to aid us. We must defend it while it gathers power!
- K'ara has blessed you with [K'ara's Benevolence]!
- Karabor Defender says: I'll take the right flank, Maraad will take the left, you defend K'ara!
Start killing the waves of attackers. At 66%:
- K'ara is nearing full power and gains [K'ara's Defense]!
Keep killing. K'ara will help by zapping enemies nearby.
Final Stage: Kill Commmander Vorka!
- Stop the Bombardment of Karabor!
- Defeat Commander Vorka
- Commander Vorka yells: ENOUGH. Play time is over. I will deal with you myself.
- Yrel says: We've done it! Now to put an end to this assault...
Finish off the last of the spawned adds. Vorka is just to the east. Aggro him:
- Commander Vorka yells: Witness the TRUE power of the Iron Horde!
Fire Support: Black Skies
- Commander Vorka yells: Soldiers - Come to my aid!
- Commander Vorka yells: The skies darken with iron!
Finish him off.
- The camera pulls back as K'ara rushes forward to the circular area on the platform and unleashes a massive attack that destroys the Iron Horde ships in the harbor. Raindash flys in and lands by the beginning of the platform.
- Yrel runs up by where Raindash waits and turns to you.
- Yrel says: We need to spread news of our victory. Take the fey dragon and meet me back at Embaari Village.
Hop on Raindash to fly back to Embaari Village to turn in to Yrel.
On exiting scenario at Embaari Village:
- Yrel says: Hero, you fought fearlessly. For that, please accept my thanks.
- Yrel says: The Light prevails, because WE stand against the darkness.
- Vindicator Maraad says: It is done! Victory is ours!
- The crowd of Karabor citizens break out in cheers of celebration.
We did it, <name>. Without your heroic efforts, the Temple of Karabor would have been lost to the Iron Horde.
Prophet Velen would be proud of us.
- 20960 XP
- +250 Council of Exarchs
This completes the "The Light Prevails" portion of . The Gorgrond storyline begins with , which opened up as soon as players reached level 92.
Thank you for standing by my side during our darkest moments, <name>. I have learned so much since you rescued me from the Iron Horde in Tanaan. Destiny is calling me to a greater purpose, and I draw strength from your heroism!
The Prophet wanted you to have this. It says a great deal to me that he trusted you immediately. You have truly been a great boon to my people!
Seek me out in Stormshield if you wish to find secrets hidden in the shadows and corners of the world. I have ancient maps to guide on your way.[sic]
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-11-15): "
- Resolved an issue where completing this quest may cause characters to be unable to progress if they're also on the quest for The Righteous March.
- Resolved an issue where characters may not receive completion credit for the quest."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.