The Dreadlord Balnazzar
- Balnazzar slain
With the fall of the Scarlet Crusade, their disguised demon leader, Balnazzar, released the possessed body of Grand Crusader Dathrohan and went on a rampage, killing every remaining crusader here. He then used his necromantic power to raise them all as vile undead slaves.
Balnazzar refers to his new army as the Risen. We cannot let him grow this army - they are extremely powerful and, unlike Arthas' Scourge, Balnazzar will not hold his forces back. Kill him while we still have a chance, <class>.
The Light commands you.
It's good we stopped Balnazzar now. Before long, his army would have overtaken all of Stratholme, giving him a powerful center for his new unholy empire.
After killing Balnazzar, Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer and Packmaster Stonebruiser will spawn in the room at the edge of the circle, towards the doorway. You may wait for his speech to end before turning in the quest.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Well done, heroes. Balnazzar had been a threat for far too long. He had a hand in the Scourge and the Scarlet Crusade, two of our most difficult foes. The Risen may have tipped the balance against us, had they time to fester.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Regrettably, Balnazzar is not yet finished. Defeating a dreadlord in the mortal plane only sends it back to the Twisting Nether. He will be back one day, perhaps even working again with his brothers, Varimathras and Detheroc.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: For now, we have regained control over this half of Stratholme and should rejoice for that. The former Bastion of the Silver Hand is back in the hands of its rightful owners. Countless treasures to the order reside here, and we now have a fortified location to launch our next assault.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: That is where you come in, heroes. The war for Stratholme is not yet over. Leave this area and travel east to the Eastwall Gate. It is the service entrance to the city, and the last remaining opening into Lord Aurius Rivendare's scourge-infested domain. If we defeat him, Stratholme will be ours once more.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: I will meet you in Alonsus Chapel. It is the holy place where Uther the Lightbringer was ordained into the Silver Hand. It is the only building the Scourge cannot touch, and will be our forward base of operations in that half of the city. With your help, Stratholme will become the capital of the Light and a new beginning for Lordaeron.
Outside the room, you find elite level 45 Argent Crusaders cleaning up the (spawned) undead left in Scarlet Stratholme and others patroling the streets. Thanks to you, the Argent Crusade have taken back this half of the city.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.