Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Dungeons of Dalaran (WC3 BloodElf)
|Previous: A Dark Covenant|
|Next: The Crossing|
|The Dungeons of Dalaran|
|Conflict: Curse of the Blood Elves|
|Place: Dungeons of Dalaran|
|Outcome: Blood Elf victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
The Dungeons of Dalaran is chapter 3 of Curse of the Blood Elves. It occurred hours after A Dark Covenant. Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider and his followers had been arrested by the forces of Lord Garithos for allying themselves with the Naga, despite the fact that without their aid, Kael and the blood elves would've been destroyed by Dalvengyr and the Scourge.
- 1 Loading screen
- 2 Quests
- 3 Transcript
- 4 Summary
- 5 Notes
Two days later, within the magically shielded dungeons of Dalaran, Kael'thas and his blood elf brethren languish in their cells, awaiting their inevitable executions.
- Free the Blood Elf Lieutenants (4 Freed)
- Kael and Vashj must survive
Garithos has imprisoned your Blood Elf Lieutenants within special magical cages. Break them free so that they can release your brethren and prepare for the upcoming battle with Garithos.
- Slay Jailor Kassan and his guards
- Kael and Vashj must survive
The old Jailor of the sewer prison of Dalaran blocks the final gate barring you from the surface. Kill him and those guarding the gate with him so that the wrongfully imprisoned Blood Elves can push the fight into the city.
- Slay the Ghostly Archmagi (4 Slain)
The ghosts of the Archmagi slaughtered by Arthas during the destruction of Dalaran still haunt the decrepit ruins of the prison. Find their trapped spirits and slay them to release their tormented souls and give them peace.
- Prince Kael'thas: How could I have let this happen to my brethren? Locked in these cells, our thirst for magic will devour us.
- Guard Marcus: It'll all be over soon, traitor. Lord Garithos plans to execute the lot of you at dawn.
- Guard Trogdar: Sunrise can't get here fast enough. These elves give me the creeps.
- Guard Marcus: Don't worry. This prison was built by the Kirin Tor to keep their pets from getting loose. The elves' magic is useless inside those enchanted cells.
- Lady Vashj slithers up from some green water in the prison. She kills both guards with forked lightning and breaks the door to Kael's cell.
- Lady Vashj: Greetings, Kael. I assume we're not too late.
- Prince Kael'thas: On the contrary, Vashj. Your timing is impeccable. Once again, I am in your debt. But even if we free my brethren, there is nowhere to run. Garithos' forces outnumber us ten to one.
- Lady Vashj: You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... or choose a darker path... to freedom.
- Prince Kael'thas: What is this darker path?
- Lady Vashj: In the city above us stands a portal--a gateway that leads to other worlds.
- Prince Kael'thas: Yes, I know it. The lich, Kel'Thuzad, opened it to bring Archimonde here.
- Lady Vashj: Yes. My master, Illidan, awaits us on the other side of that portal! Lead your people to him, and he will forge you a new destiny. He will sate your people's burning hunger.
- Prince Kael'thas: Side with a rogue demon... or lead my people to their certain deaths. There is no choice here, Vashj. We'll have to free my lieutenants first. They'll be able to rally the others while we assault the exit.
- Lady Vashj: As you will.
During the Mission
- Prince Kael'thas: That guard means to sound the alarm! Stop him!
- Prince Kael'thas: Stop him before he sounds the alarm!
- Prince Kael'thas: The alarm's been sounded! Prepare yourselves!
- Prince Kael'thas: The undead fled into these tunnels when we retook the city!
- Prince Kael'thas: Hmm. That switch on the other side of the wall release the creatures upon the guards.
- Prince Kael'thas: If he trips the alarm, they will send elite troops to stop us.
- Prince Kael'thas: The elite guards will be coming for us!
- Guard Seth: The blasted elves are free! We can't take 'em alone!
- Guard Troy: We don't have to. We can loose these creatures on 'em!
- Blood Elf Lieutenant: Prince Kael! We knew you'd come!
- Blood Elf Lieutenant: As you command, Prince Kael.
- Blood Elf Lieutenant: It's good to see you alive, my prince. What are your orders?
- Blood Elf Lieutenant: Prince Kael!
- Jailor Kassan: You've gone as far as you're going to go, Prince Kael. Make it easy on yourself.
- Prince Kael'thas: You served the Kirin Tor well, Kassan, but the old order has passed away. My people and I are leaving this damned prison one way or another.
- Jailor Kassan: It's a shame to see a good wizard gone bad. Do what you have to do, lad.
- Prince Kael'thas: I sense powerful spirits stirring nearby.
- Prince Kael'thas: Arthas murdered a number of Archmagi when the Scourge ravaged this land. Now the wizards' invisible spirit can find no rest. Perhaps, we should track them down and give them peace.
- Prince Kael'thas: I sense something... elusive.
- Prince Kael'thas: Outstanding!
Mission Ending (Secret mission not unlocked)
- Prince Kael'thas: Alright, men. Pull back, back to the portal!
- Lady Vashj: Now, young prince, we take one final step towards destiny.
Mission Ending (Secret mission unlocked)
- Prince Kael'thas: My brethren are assembled, Vashj. Now all we need to do is reach this portal of yours and--
- Lady Vashj: Hold, good prince. We will need to keep the portal open long enough to usher everyone through. But Garithos' forces will likely attack it before we can make our escape.
- Prince Kael'thas: Then I will hold him at bay. I'll buy you all the time you'll need.
Vashj broke Kael out of his magical prison, where he was held and awaiting execution. Together they released Kael's lieutenants, as well as some of his forces, which not only had to face the Dungeon's jailors but also creatures once kept by the Kirin Tor for experimentation and the ghosts of the Archmages killed by Arthas during the Siege of Dalaran.
Kael and Vashj were forced to kill Kassan, the Dungeons' warden and an old friend of Kael, in order to reach a dimensional portal, the one opened by Kel'thuzad to release the Burning Legion, and scape to Outland but to do that they needed to buy time holding Garithos at bay while the Blood Elves escaped through the portal.
- To unlock The Crossing, after the large battle between Garithos' Enforcers and the Trapped Scourge, there is an iron gate on the left with three sets of sheep and platforms. Step on the platforms in front of them in this order: top (Baa), then bottom (Ram), then middle (Ewe). The iron gate to the north will open. Pick up the question mark in order to unlock the level.
- If the player kills one of the imprisoned Blood Elf Lieutenants, a game message states, "You have slain one of your own Lieutenants! Traitor!" and the mission is failed.