The Endless Hunger
|Level||55 (Requires 55)|
It's your life or theirs!
- Unworthy Initiate Dominated
I give you the key to your salvation.
Chained to the Heart of Acherus are those deemed unworthy of the dark brotherhood. Use the key to free an unworthy initiate. Allow them to equip their gear and battle you for their freedom. Kill and the pain will cease. Fail and suffer for eternity.
Live or die - the choice is yours to make.
Two lives, one key... Do not fail me, <name>.
As expected, my chosen knight has triumphed! You are ready, <name>.
Upon being freed from their chains, the Unworthy Initiate says one of the following:
- "I was a soldier of the Light once... Look at what I have become..."
- "I will win my freedom and leave this cursed place!"
- "There can be only one survivor!"
- "You will allow me a weapon and armor, yes?"
- "You are hopelessly outmatched, <race>."
- "I will dismantle this festering hellhole!"
- "They brand me unworthy? I will show them unworthy!"
- "You have made a grave error, fiend!"
After arming themselves, the Unworthy Initiate says one of the following:
- "It ends here!"
- "Sate your hunger on cold steel, <race>!"
- "There is no hope for our future..."
- "Let your fears consume you!"
- "Death is the only cure!"
- "HAH! You can barely hold a blade! Yours will be a quick death."
- "To battle!"
- "And now you die!"
This is the first battle that a death knight will have, involving freeing a prisoner from the Acherus Soul Prison, and then battling him to the death. Start with your two diseases, Icy Touch and Plague Strike. You probably have noticed that some of your spells do more damage/ have a special effect against targets with your diseases on them, therefore you should always have diseases on your enemies, unless it is a very weak enemy.
Use Blood Strike twice, using up your blood runes. This is currently your only ability that depends on diseases for high damage.
Now that your blood runes are on cooldown, use Death Coil. This is an example of a spell that uses Runic Power, which you acquire from using abilities that use your runes.
After your runes are back up, you have two choices: re-apply diseases or use Blood Strike. The choice depends on how much hp the initiate still has. If he is close to dead, don't bother applying diseases again. If the initiate still has a good chunk of hp, re-apply diseases and start the rotation over.