The Engine of Nalak'sha
120 (Requires 120)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Notes
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
Follow the secret passage within Mogu'shan Palace and re-activate the Engine of Nalak'sha.
- Engine of Nalak'sha activated
Your kind have proved me wrong in the past, so I will give you a chance to do so again.
There are many such routes, but the closest would be through Mogu'Shan Palace. The chambers beneath the palace are interconnected with the vaults.
Seek your fate there, champion.
You will receive:
Your courage is impressive. I only hope it is not wasted.
You have done a great thing for the Rajani today, champion.
I hope the Engine of Nalak'sha provided the power you seek.
On accept, Magni persists in teleporting directly to the quest objective without offering the champion a lift:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: So all o' the titan facilities on Pandaria are connected? Fascinating!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Well, no sense standin' around while the world is endin'! Tae Mogu'shan Palace!
Zone in through the instance portal to load in to a special version of the instance:
Stage 1: A Way Down
- Find a way to the lower levels of Mogu'shan Palace.
- Find a way to the lower levels
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Ra-den said that the secret passage is hidden beneath the palace. We need tae find a way down there.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Ach! The statues are comin' tae life!
Four Animated Guardians come active, one after the other. Defeat them all:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Looks like defeatin' the guards opened the door. Let's go, champion!
Approaching the spear traps:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Careful where ye step. The mogu are known tae leave traps for unwary intruders.
Jump over the tiles on the ground. Four more Animated Guardians defend the doors to the Crimson Asssembly Hall.
Stage 2: Watch Your Step
- Activate the Ancient Lever in the Crimson Assembly Hall.
- Activate the Ancient Lever
- Magni Bronzebeard says: That switch must open the way forward. Just watch yer step around those tiles.
The center of the room is full of tiles. Stepping on a tile will cause other tiles of that same type to become unsafe. The objective is to always change tile types with each move. Flip the lever in the center to continue.
Stage 3: A Weighty Problem
- Find a way to open the sealed door in the Forgotten Passageway.
- Find a way to open the door.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: A hidden staircase!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: It looks like this leads underground. Let's find that passage!
The lever opens the path down to the Forgotten Passageway, where two Trapped Saurok come up to attack. Don't forget the trap tiles on the way down! Also note some of the trapped saurok turning to cannibalism because of their dire straits...
Down another set of stairs, more saurok and a room of four Mogu Statues, with one misplaced...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Hmm. I dunnae see a way to open the door.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: There must be a switch somewhere. We best start searchin'.
Stepping on the pressure plate will give a clue as to what the solution may be.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Ah, seems we'll need somethin' tae weigh down this tile tae keep the door open.
Get behind the statue then click on it to move it in that direction. Once it's mostly on the button the scenario continues.
Stage 4: The Long Walk
- Reach the Mogu'shan Vaults through the secret route from the Forgotten Passageway.
- Reach the Mogu'shan Vaults
- Magni Bronzebeard says: The statue, of course! Ye've got a sharp mind, hero!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: That did it! Now, let's see where this passage leads!
Walk into the newly-opened doorway and the scene will fade to black:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Maybe we should've brought a torch...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Wait, I think we're here! Now let's find the Engine!
Step forward, and the mantid invaders appear:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: What in the name of Azeroth is goin' on in here?
- Depthcaller Xith'el yells: Intruders have breached the vaults!
Aggro Depthcaller Xith'el:
- Depthcaller Xith'el yells: Leave none alive!
Defeat her to continue.
Stage 5: Madness Manifest
- Destroy the Manifestations of N'Zoth being summoned into the Repository.
- Destroy the manifestations of N'Zoth (0/100%)
- Depthcaller Xith'el says: The Deep One... returns...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: I, I should've known the mantid would throw their lot in with N'Zoth!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: They're tryin' tae corrupt the Vaults! We cannae let that happen!
The clickable objects are what count, not the normal mobs.
Get to 100% and the scenario continues, with N'Zoth reaching into the player's mind.
Stage 6: The Hall of the Shapers
- Fight through the mantid forces in the Hall of the Shapers to reach the Engine of Nalak'sha.
- Reach the Engine of Nalak'sha
- N'Zoth says: Do you feel the frenzy of the swarm?
- N'Zoth says: They know what is coming. They know you will be its herald.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Champion? Are ye still with me?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: I'm startin' tae worry about ye. But right now, we have tae focus on the Engine. Come on!
- Swarmguard Kzaz says: The empress will have our heads if the ritual is interrupted.
- Swarmguard Kzaz says: Stop them at all costs!
- Kzaz and his entourage run west, leaving some guards behind.
- Swarmguard Kzaz yells: You cannot oppose the Deep One!
Behind him several Deephive Summoners can be seen performing a ritual.
Defeat him to continue.
Stage 7: The Final Summoning
- Defeat Yox'ith in the Engine of Nalak'Sha.[sic]
- Defeat Yox'ith
The summoners finish their ritual, giving their lives in the process.
- Swarmguard Kzaz says: You are... too late...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Look at the size o' that thing! Go for the eye!
Where Elegon would normally be fought, a gigantic eye stalk and four Tentacles are found instead. It's Yox'ith, a Manifestation of N'Zoth. Reminiscent of the Megaera encounter, defeating the Tentacles will knock off an equivalent amount of health from Yox'ith.
Defeat Yox'ith to continue.
Final Stage: Revving the Engine
- Network the Engine of Nalak'sha to the Chamber of Heart.
- Link the Engine of Nalak'sha to the Chamber of Heart
Interact with the Titan Console, where this time a cutscene plays out rather than starting a boss encounter:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: There we go! Ye can use that console tae connect us tae the Chamber of Heart.
- MOTHER says: Remote link established. Awaiting circuit completion.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Hold yer horses, lass. This thing didn't exactly come with instructions.
- A bolt of storm hits Magni.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Ouch! That stung.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Wait... it all makes sense now! Connectin' the power circuit!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: What's this? Interestin'... I'll remember that fer later.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: There, the link is up.
- MOTHER says: Acknowledged. Rerouting power to Forge of Origination.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: We did it, hero! The Forge is drawin' power from the Engine o' Nalak'sha!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: And... I found somethin' in the archives that could turn the tide against N'Zoth!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Come on, let's get back tae the Highkeeper!
Magni again immediately teleports away. Thankfully, there's a teleporter that leads back to the entrance of Mogu'shan Palace.
Head back to the Silent Sanctuary.
- Ra-den says: An intriguing discovery, Speaker. If the mogu have learned how to focus the Forge's energies...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Aye, it means we can use the Forge against N'Zoth without reoriginatin' the entire world!
- Ra-den says: Hmm. Perhaps I should observe this myself.
- Faction intro:
- Unlocks if players have not already acquired a corrupted item
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.