The Eve of Battle (Horde)
120 (Requires 120)
Speak with Lor'themar.
Sylvanas is now in a position to destroy everyone she considers an enemy. That means us, as well.
I had hoped that my old friend would see reason, but now...
High Overlord Saurfang is rallying those of us who remain--including some unlikely allies.
You will receive:
- 2 34
- 1,800 XP
We have much to do, <name>. The Banshee moves swiftly.
Speak with Lor'themar.
- Sylvanas has us vastly outnumbered, <name>. We must bolster our ranks with... unlikely allies.
(Quest) What is Saurfang's plan?
A cinematic plays:
- Anduin Wrynn, accompanied by Valeera Sanguinar and Master Mathias Shaw, rides through Dustwallow Marsh to the ruins of Theramore, answering a letter from Saurfang...
- Varok Saurfang: Anduin. Sylvanas' actions have threatened us all and day by day, her power grows.
- Anduin dismounts Reverence outside a ruined watchtower, where he is greeted by Baine and Jaina.
- Varok Saurfang: If our world is to survive, we must strike while we still can. Meet with me and we will speak.
- Anduin ascends the ruined tower to meet with Saurfang, looking out at the encampment of Horde soldiers following him.
- Anduin Wrynn: So few...
- Saurfang gives a slight grunt of agreement.
- Varok Saurfang: How many can you provide?
- Anduin Wrynn: Enough for one final assault. If that fails... we're done.
- Anduin looks up at Saurfang.
- Anduin Wrynn: If we end her reign, what kind of warchief will you be?
- Saurfang holds the necklace of his fallen son in his hand.
- Varok Saurfang: The Horde I joined was birthed in blood. Tainted by corruption. The road that led to the Dark Portal was long and wide, paved with the bones of innocents. We called it the Path of Glory.
- Saurfang pounds his hand against the stone.
- Varok Saurfang: That was the great lie upon which the Horde was founded... that anything we did was honorable. Thrall, Vol'jin... they were not the true heirs to Blackhand's bloody legacy. Sylvanas Windrunner is.
- Anduin Wrynn: No. No, this is the Horde. Led by you. Someone who has...
- Varok Saurfang: Honor...
- Saurfang snorts in derision.
- Varok Saurfang: I've never known honor. They deserve more. But the Horde is doomed to be shackled by the chains of the past.
- Anduin Wrynn: The Horde has no exclusive claim to regrets. Arthas, Daelin... The ghosts of the past haunt us as well.
- Varok Saurfang: We could not fill the chasm between the Horde and Alliance if we labored 1000 years. You know this.
- Anduin Wrynn: Then what are we fighting for?
- Saurfang is silent as he heads down outside the tower, Anduin following him. As he exits the tower, he grabs his axe.
- Varok Saurfang: Soldiers! On your feet!
- The Horde troops stand, including Lor'themar, Thalyssra, Thrall, and Rexxar.
- Anduin Wrynn: Start breaking camp immediately!
- Zekhan looks up at Saurfang questioningly.
- Zekhan: Lord Saurfang?
- Varok Saurfang: Zekhan... Where is our home?
- Zekhan thinks for a moment.
- Zekhan: Orgrimmar?
- Varok Saurfang: Not our city. Our home.
- Saurfang puts a hand on the young troll's shoulder. Zekhan realizes what he is asking.
- Zekhan: Azeroth.
- Anduin turns to Jaina.
- Anduin Wrynn: And ours?
- Jaina Proudmoore: Azeroth.
- Anduin raises his voice so all can hear him.
- Anduin Wrynn: Right now, there are only two forces in this world that matter. One bent on harming our world.
- Varok Saurfang: And one that will protect her.
- Zekhan: So... what are we doing?
- Saurfang glances at Anduin with a smile.
- Varok Saurfang: Breaking the cycle.
Afterwards, speak to Thalyssra.
- I can teleport you to Razor Hill when you are ready.
Teleport me to Razor Hill.
You will be teleported in the middle of Razor Hill, where combined Alliance-Horde forces are assembled. Speak to Saurfang in Razor Hill's great hall.
- Patch 8.2.5 (2019-09-24): Added.