The Eye of Paleth
23 (Requires 20)
Such corruption should be purged. Perhaps a priest in Menethil Harbor could help you.
You will be able to choose one of these rewards:
How can I help you, <lad/lass>?
The Eye of Paleth? You say Fitzsimmons sent you out?
By the light... not again. Fitzsimmons is dead, lad. You're not the first to come to me like this, either.
- Glorin Steelbrow says: The Eye of Paleth was retrieved and cleansed a long time ago, <class>. We thought the curse lifted.
- Glorin Steelbrow says: Not a year ago, poor old Fitzsimmons passed away, his body ruined by drink.
- Glorin Steelbrow says: Ever since, now and then, people claim he's spoken to them and told them to get the eye...
- Glorin Steelbrow says: Cursed to roam the earth forever... not even poor Fitzsimmons could escape.
- Glorin Steelbrow says: Don't ask what you actually brought me, <class>. You're better off forgetting this ever happened.
This is largely a reference to the pre-Cataclysm quest chain, wherein the player character DOES bring the cursed eye in to get it cleansed.
- (optional breadcrumb from Slabchisel's Survey)
- Complete all of:
- (optional breadcrumb to Swiftgear Station)
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): New version of quest for Cataclysm.