The Fangs of Ashamane
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Gains
- 6 Notes
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
We're going to have to track him down for you to recover the Fangs. I should come with you but I have to stay with my people should we be attacked again.
Here, my companion Ebonfang has a sense of smell like no other. He will be able to guide you to wherever Verstok is hiding. Also take this shell, through it we can communicate.
May Elune guide you.
I've heard from Delandros about how you rescued the Ashen and protected the shrine.
We all owe you a great deal for your heroism, <name>. And it seems that you were able to recover the Fangs as well!
I suspect this war is far from over.
- 22,200 XP
- Quest accept
- Delandros Shimmermoon sends out a sharp whistle to summon Ebonfang.
Stage 1: On the Prowl
- Followed Verstok's scent
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: Can you hear me through this thing, <name>? You should be near Verstok's location by now.
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: My foolish protege was in such a rush to escape the Shrine, I'll wager he failed to mask his scent. Shift into cat form and you'll likely detect it.
Stage 2: Where There's a Withered There's a Way
- Doorway Opened
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: Careful! The ruins are infested by withered, pitiful creatures with an unending hunger for the arcane. The power of the Fangs might have lured some to Verstok's trail.
Use to avoid getting into unnecessary fights, but be wary of any patrolling Nightfallen Constructs. Continue to follow Verstok's scent, which will lead you to a switch.
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: Whatever you did seems to have annoyed those withered. This might work to your advantage. See if you can find another switch.
The second switch is located on the other side opposite of the first.
Stage 3: Onward, Upward, and Downward
- Follow Verstok's trail into the temple depths
Enter the Temple of Fal'adora.
- Verstok Darkbough yells: I see you! You may look like a druid, but I can tell you're a demon in disguise. I won't fall for your trick! You'll never get the Fangs from me!
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: Has Verstok gone mad? Wielding the Fangs enhances one's senses, but I'm afraid it also heightened his paranoia.
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: You must get the Fangs away from Verstok, <name>. The longer they remain in his possession, the greater his delusion becomes.
Continue the following the scent until you come across a platform. Use it to leap over the gate that is blocking the way.
- Verstok Darkbough yells: Leave, demon! Begone! Why won't you just GO AWAY!?
Stage 4: It's a Furball
- Defeat Verstok
- Verstok Darkbough yells: You won't leave? Very well, I'll end this chase myself!
- Verstok appears out of the shadows, ready to fight.
- Verstok Darkbough says: The Fangs are mine! MINE!!
- The druid adventurer fights Verstok. Upon nearing defeat, he stuns the adventurer using .
- Verstok Darkbough yells: No! I'll never submit!
- Verstok flees deeper into the temple.
Stage 5: Into the Darkness
- Chase after Verstok
- Verstok Darkbough yells: Argh! What is this? Release me at once!
- Webmistress Shinaris says: Look what fell into my web! Tonight I shall feast!
- Delandros Shimmermoon says: What on Azeroth was that!? Be careful, <name>!
Stage 6: In a Tangled Web
- Webmistress Shinaris slain
- Webmistress Shinaris says: Stick around... it's meal time!
- Webmistress Shinaris proceeds to wrap webbing around Verstok.
- Webmistress Shinaris says: What's this? Another intruder approaches!
Interrupt her cast when she tries trap you in her webbing.
Stage 7: The Fangs of Ashamane
- Retrieve the Fangs of Ashamane
- Verstok Darkbough says: Freedom! I thought I was going to be spider food!
- Verstok Darkbough says: I wanted to protect the Fangs, but was soon overwhelmed. You've proven yourself far more capable as their protector. Please, take them.
Final Stage: To the Grove
- Ride upon Ebonfang
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.