The Fate of Val'sharah
100 - 110 (Requires 98)
Defend the Temple of Elune.
- Speak to Tyrande
- Defend the Temple of Elune
Malfurion, my love.... My heart breaks for him, but I cannot follow where he goes.
May she keep you in her graces, Malfurion.
<Tyrande turns away, eyes glistening with tears.>
This shall be remembered as one of the darkest days in the history of our world. But hope remains. Elune's light has strengthened our resolve.
- We go to the Temple of Elune. We will ride more swiftly on Ash'alah's back. Are you ready to depart?
I am ready.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Come with me. Ysera won't stop until this whole realm is plunged into the Nightmare.
- The adventurer joins Tyrande on Ash'alah and they ride for the temple.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Xavius is using Malfurion to bait me, to distract me from what must be done. We are the only ones who can stop Ysera.
- Tyrande grows emotional with memories.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Ah, Malfurion, my beloved! For a hundred hundred years he slept beneath Moonglade.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Whenever I was plagued with doubt, I would descend into his barrow. I watched over him as he slept.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Even in slumber, his presence calmed me. I left my fears below the earth and emerged, ready to lead my people.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: When Malfurion returned to my side, we worked as one. As if he had never been away. Have you ever loved as I have?
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Now Xavius has me by the throat. I must abandon my beloved, and subdue the most beautiful creature I have ever known.
- They reach the main courtyard of the temple. Lyanis Moonfall and Koda Steelclaw are fighting Ysera with the aid of temple guards, priestesses, and archers. Tyrande follows the adventurer to join the fight.
- Whenever Ysera speaks, she sounds crazed and fanatical.
- Ysera says: This is your end, mortals. The Dream is undone!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Not while I still draw breath.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Koda, keep her distracted. Lyanis, mend our wounds. Champion - with me!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Are you truly lost, Ysera? After all we have built? All we have done?
- Ysera says: My eyes are open at last, priestess. I see night eternal.
- Ysera says: The Nightmare consumes all!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: By the light of Elune, we will end this madness!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: I will end your torment, Dreamer. And I promise we will avenge you.
- Nightmare Breath
- Ysera begins to cast Nightmare Breath!
- Ysera collapses to the ground.
- Ysera says: Forgive me. It felt... so real...
A cinematic plays.
- Nightsong is heard in the background as Ysera falls to the floor of the Temple of Elune with one last roar, as Tyrande looks at her with regret. The Dreamer raises her head and looks up at the sky with a moan of pain, which darkens as the White Lady moves in front of the sun, creating a sudden solar eclipse. Lit only by the corona of the sun, Ysera's eyes change from dark red back to emerald green.
- Tendrils of lunar light extend down from the moon to Ysera, who lowers her head back to the ground. As the light suffuses her body, it goes slack as the muscles release and she settles further to the ground; there is a feeling of acceptance as she finally succumbs to death and closes her eyes. The lunar beams gently lift Ysera's spirit, looking as if sleeping, from her mortal coil and into the sky, as the night elves watch in astonishment. With the neck extended to a curve and the wings lifted open to full extension, her spirit dissipates in the sky, the general outline indicated by new stars lighting up — a new constellation.
- The tendrils of moonbeam retreat into the corona and the solar eclipse passes; the night elves momentarily squint at the sudden return of daylight. Tyrande watches solemnly as Ysera's body literally fades in the returning sunlight: the ground blossoms with fresh grass and plants where the corpse touched the ground. From where it had pierced her chest a sapling grows among the grass, revealing the corrupted Tear of Elune, which then sheds off its Nightmare taint into red dust, becoming purified. The night elves lower their heads in sadness and respect as silence falls over the temple grounds.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Now Xavius has me by the throat. I must abandon my beloved, and contend with the most beautiful creature I have ever known.
- Ysera says: This is your end, mortals. The dream is undone.
- Ysera says: The Lord of the Nightmare, he -
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Shhhh, shhh... It is over now, Ysera.
- Ysera says: ...blackness...
It had to be done. Blessed Elune sheds a little light on this sad occasion.
Requires completion of the Into the Nightmare story chapter.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-30): "Players who are in a group and arrive late for the final kill in “The Fate of Val’sharah” should receive credit and be able to proceed."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.