Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The First Time I Died
110 - 120 (Requires 110)
16,450 (at level 110)
Place the idols on the altar and try to destroy them.
- Idols placed on altar
- Idol of Binding attacked
Dis be it. Where Zem'lan cursed us all.
It began with me death. De first of countless deaths I've had since. Each of dem spent fighting and dying for Pirate-King Zem'lan and his selfish treasure hoard.
I don't know if de idols he used to curse us can even be destroyed, but we gotta try. Let's take dem to de altar where de ritual occurred and try to smash one.
You will receive:
I've forgotten how many times I've died since den...
I guess de idols can't be destroyed... even by a mortal. Curses be fickle things.
I was de first Zem'lan cursed, and I did nothin' to stop him from cursin' de rest of de crew.
I regret it every day...
But enough livin' in de past. It's time to be free.
On accept, Jamboya begins following the player around.
- First Mate Jamboya says: Pirate-King Zem'lan never gonna forget dis day.
Head southwest to the Cursed Altar of Zem'lan and interact with it to place the idols on top. Upon interacting with the center one, the Idol of Binding, it is not, however, destroyed. Instead, an explosion of shadowy energy erupts from the altar, knocking the player back a short distance and conjuring another vision of the past.
- First Mate Jamboya says: Avast! De idols can't be destroyed, but dey released an old memory... One I've tried to forget.
- A Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan is seen standing on top of the altar with his sword raised, while a Vision of First Mate Jamboya kneels before him. Visions of Basher Hak'anjin, Bos'n Sno, Hula'mon, Quartermaster Gran, Sezza, Sulazi, and Ugly Zul are gathered in front of the altar. They all have the Memory of Zem'lan buff.
- Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan yells: Da sethrak think we gonna roll over and die. What say you?
- The gathered trolls all reply simultaneously.
- Vision of Basher Hak'anjin yells: NO!
- Vision of Quartermaster Gran yells: NO!
- Vision of Hula'mon yells: NO!
- Vision of Bos'n Sno yells: NO!
- Vision of Sezza yells: NO!
- Vision of Sulazi yells: NO!
- Vision of Ugly Zul yells: NO!
- Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan yells: Dis be our home. We gonna do whatever it takes to hold dis port... Forever!
- Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan says: Step forward and receive me gift. Join me crew for eternity!
- Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan says: First Mate Jamboya, be reborn!
- The Vision of First Mate Jamboya is transformed into a skeleton. The Vision of Ugly Zul begins cowering in fear, but the others are unfazed.
- Vision of First Mate Jamboya yells: Raaagh!
- Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan says: Welcome to da eternal crew of the damned, First Mate.
- Vision of Pirate-King Zem'lan yells: Who be next?
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.