The Forgotten Ones (WC3 Undead)
|Previous: Into the Shadow Web Caverns|
|Next: Ascent to the Upper Kingdom|
|The Forgotten Ones|
|Conflict: Legacy of the Damned|
|Place: Inner Kingdom|
|Outcome: Scourge victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
The Forgotten Ones is chapter 7, mission two, of the Legacy of the Damned.
Moments later, within the Inner Kingdom...
As King Arthas and Anub'arak lead the Scourge through Azjol-Nerub to reach Icecrown the pair encounter more Nerubians and even the Faceless ones who do all they can to prevent their escape. After fighting their way through their enemies the Scourge end up coming accross a Forgotten One to Anub'arak's shocked horror. After a fierce fight the Scourge is able to kill it, but are forced to flee from the approaching Faceless ones as they decide the best course of action is to get to Icecrown asap.
- Anub'arak: We have entered the Old Kingdom. Be wary, death knight. Whatever scared the dwarves still lurks down here somewhere.
During the Mission
- Anub'arak: Wait--the towers on either side are rigged to fire bolts of frost. This hallway is a deathtrap.
- King Arthas: Can't we disable them?
- Anub'arak: The circular hatch in the far wall is an aqueduct plug. If we can open it, the water might flood the firing mechanisms and disable the entire trap.
- Nerubian: Look, brothers! The traitor king!
- King Arthas: Who? Me?
- Anub'arak: He is referring to me, death knight. These nerubians will stop at nothing to destroy us!
- Nerubian: Slay the intruders!
- Nerubian: Death to the servants of Ner'zhul!
- Nerubian: Drive the foul undead back to the surface!
- King Arthas: The guardians are activating! Defend yourselves!
- Anub'arak: The eggs of our young are incubated within those breeding pods. There's no telling how many vicious hatchlings they hold.
- King Arthas: You were right--they're definitely hostile! We've got to destroy the breeding pods!
- Anub'arak: We could also seal the doors to shut the hatchlings in!
- King Arthas: What the hell are they?
- Anub'arak: They are the horrors the dwarves spoke of. I thought they were only legends.
- King Arthas: What?
- Anub'arak: They are the Faceless Ones...
- Anub'arak: It cannot be... A forgotten one. Look to your defenses, death knight! Fight as you've never fought before!
- Crypt Fiend: Thank you, great one. The rebel spiders captured my comrades as well! They're being held in a nearby chamber. Release them, and they will be yours to command!
- Anub'arak: We cannot take them all! Hurry, death knight... up the stairwell! Hurry!