The Forlorn Spire (quest)
85 (Requires 85)
+250 Guardians of Hyjal
Protect one of the druids attempting to take the Forlorn Spire.
- Druid Assault Group Protected
Captain Saynna Stormrunner is launching an attack against the Forlorn Spire. If you head to the northeast, you'll find her at the bottom of the ramp leading up towards that rise.
Go there and escort one of her druids to the tower with any forces that she can spare. You'll have quite a fight ahead of you - make sure the druid lives to see the end of it or they'll not be able to seize the tower.
Well done, <class>. This should prove a good staging ground for pushing further into enemy territory.
I sense Druids of the Flame nearby. Perhaps we shall have some sport of them as well.
You will receive:
- 69400 XP (or 16 54 at max level)
- +250 reputation with Guardians of Hyjal
The phase changes on accept. The front line has extended into the Ashen Fields toward the ramp leading up to the Forlorn Spire.
Head down into the Ashen Fields, pass Stormrunner atat the base of the ramp.
- Captain Saynna Stormrunner says: <Name>, our attack should be ready shortly. Wait here and push up the ramp with them.
The event starts every few minutes when a Shadow Warden and a random druid arrive, including:
Shadow Wardens include:
- Random druid yells: Come brothers and sisters. It is time to take this foul tower from the hands of our enemies.
A group of six Flamewatch Igniters, level 85 unbound fire elementals with 61992 health, appear. Kill them and follow the named NPCs up the hill, quickly killing the igniters to progress.
- Random druid yells: Press on! Push towards the tower!
Up the hill they will fight a few Flamewatch Sentinels, level 85 elite fire revenants with 232k health, then a Pyrelord with 774,000 health.
- Random druid yells: Their leader is here! Strike him down!
The Pyrelord has the following abilities:
- Incinerate 30 yd range — Deals Fire damage to your target. 2.5 sec cast. Interruptible. Hits for 7000-8000 Fire
- Some gout of flame ability Instant. Spawns a fire circle underneath every hostile in combat with the caster, which explodes a few seconds later for 45,000 Fire.
Kill the Pyrelord to complete the quest.
- Random druid says: Well done, friends! The tower is ours! Now I shall see to the destruction of this foul monument.
- The druid grows a tree through the spire, knocking it down.
After the short cutscene, the phase on the spire changes. Speak to Marin Bladewing near the base of the destroyed spire to continue. Additional daily quests are in the area as well.
- -- unlocks a daily quest chain:
- Three dailies from the following at the Forlorn Spire. Additionally, kill a Druid of the Flame to pick up , which starts a short sidequest.
- (unlocked by )
- -or- (unlocked by )
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.