Founding of Durotar
|Warcraft III campaigns|
|Reign of Chaos|
|The Frozen Throne|
The Founding of Durotar is a bonus campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
After the battle of Mount Hyjal, Thrall led his orcs to the south of Kalimdor. There he founded the kingdom of Durotar. The orcs face many problems of different kinds that need to be dealt with, whether caused by fearsome beasts or the human forces. During the campaign, you fill the role of Rexxar, a beastmaster and his bear companion Misha, as well as Rokhan, a shadow hunter from the Darkspear tribe and one of Thrall's finest scouts.
The bonus campaign differs from the main part of the game as it is viewed in perspective (i.e. buildings appear in correct proportion to units) and the traditional strategy style of the game is largely replaced with adventuring, questing, levelling and unraveling the story. The object of the campaign is to complete quests while developing your heroes' abilities, similar to the World of Warcraft style of play.
* Act two and three were added in patch 1.13. You need to update in order to continue the story.
- Rexxar (Beastmaster)
- Rokhan (Shadow hunter)
- Drek'Thar (Far Seer)
- Chen Stormstout (Pandaren brewmaster)
- Samuro (Blademaster)
- Jaina Proudmoore (Archmage)
- Cairne Bloodhoof (Tauren chieftain)
- Bovan Windtotem
- Baine Bloodhoof
- Noggrin Onetooth
- Dagren the Orcslayer (Paladin)
- Scilla Murkshadow (Naga Sea Witch)
- Lady Darkscale (Naga Sea Witch)
- Kor'gall (Ogre)
- Admiral Proudmoore (Admiral Proudmoore)
- Lord Talendar
- Destroyer Zardikar
- Talnivarr the Sleeper
- Sinstralis of the Pain
Notes and trivia
- To obtain this bonus campaign, Warcraft III must be updated to at least version 1.13 and must have The Frozen Throne.
- There originally wasn't going to be an orc campaign in The Frozen Throne because the development team couldn't think of a way to include the orcs into the Arthas vs. Illidan main storyline that wouldn't feel forced and contrived. However, during the development of Warcraft III, the team came up with new gameplay ideas that wouldn't function in a traditional RTS game and decided to make a separate orc campaign that had more RPG elements. The bonus campaign was designed by Tim Campbell.
- Rexxar and Rokhan are the only heroes that are playable throughout the entire campaign.
- In order for Chen Stormstout to be playable, players must first complete his associated optional quest in To Tame a Land.
- Cairne Bloodhoof will be unable to have all of his hero skills maxed out.
- This is the only campaign within The Frozen Throne that Illidan Stormrage, Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, and Lady Vashj do not appear.
- This is the only campaign within The Frozen Throne that does not include the Scourge, who were enemies in Terror of the Tides and Curse of the Blood Elves and playable in Legacy of the Damned.
- After the last cut-scene instead of viewing the score screen players will be transported to the mission selection of the Founding of Durotar campaign.