Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Fourth Horseman
110 (Requires 110)
Item level 825 Artifact relic
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Gains
- 6 Notes
- 7 Criteria of
- 8 Progression
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
Obtain the Fourth Horseman.
- Arrive at Light's Hope Chapel.
- Complete the Light's Hope scenario.
- Fourth Horsemen raised.
Know this, Deathlord... I will obey your will, but there will be no redemption for what we are about to do.
The Silver Hand will never hand Tirion to us. The path to the Fourth Horseman will be soaked in righteous blood!
Blood that will stain our hands forever.
Your will be done, Deathlord. I will begin the preparations to invade Light's Hope. If this is what it takes to save our world, so be it!
You shall be granted the title: Deathlord
I see now what I did not see before. My destiny was written long ago.
This burden has always been mine to bear.
- 24,680 XP
- When you gain access to the Quest
- The Lich King says: There must be one among the Four Horseman with the power to lead.
- The Lich King says: Without a leader, there will be no unity among the four.
- The Lich King says: The time has come for the Ebon Blade to return to Light's Hope.
- The Lich King says: The body of the great Tirion Fordring rests beneath the chapel.
- The Lich King says: Go now and do what must be done.
- Quest accept
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Tirion Fordring was one of the greatest champions this world has known!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: If we do this... there will be a price to pay.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: I will obey, Deathlord. But know this...
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Should we go through with this, there will be no turning back.
- Quest completion
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: The time has come to take my position as the leader of the Four Horsemen.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: I will meet you on the upper level when you are ready, Deathlord.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Horsemen! Our time has come!
Stage 1: The Return to Light's Hope
- Speak with Highlord Darion Mograine
Stage 2: Preparations
- Prepare for the invasion of Light's Hope Chapel.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Interred just beyond those walls is the body of Tirion Fordring, one of the greatest champions this world has known.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: The Silver Hand will not give him to us willingly. So, we will take him by force!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Deathlord, we will begin at your command.
Stage 3: Upon the Hill of No Return
- Speak with Highlord Darion Mograine to begin the invasion.
- Highlord Darion Mograine
- It seems like yesterday that you and I stood in this very place, ready to destroy the Light in the name of the Lich King.
- Today we stand here, not to destroy... but to save this world from destruction.
- I am ready to begin.
Stage 4: The Dead Shall Rise
- Rise the dead in the tomb behind Light's Hope Chapel.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: There is a tomb behind the chapel where the power of the Light is weak.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Raise the dead from within the tomb and it will distract the guards long enough for us to make our way to the chapel.
Go to the tomb behind Light's Hope Chapel. The NPCs are friendly, so they won't attack you in your way. Some of them will say things to you:
- Argent Sentry says: Tread carefully, Death Knight. This is holy ground and we have little tolerance for your kind.
Once on the crypt, you will be able to use:
When you use it, there is going to be like an earthquake and many Risen Ghouls will appear. You have to use it in all the halls of the crypt.
- Argent Sentry says: My Lord! We're under attack... it's the Ebon Blade
Stage 5: The Highlord Awaits
- Meet with Highlord Darion Mograine in the Chapel.
- Argent Sentry says: My Lord! We're under attack... it's... it's the Ebon Blade!
Go out from the crypt, and go to the chapel. You will find in your way Risen Ghouls fighting to Argent Sentries (now hostile). Inside the crypt, you will find Darion Mograine (strangulating Lord Maxwell Tyrosus), Nazgrim, Thoras Trollbane, and Sally Whitemane. The secret door to the Sanctum of Light is open.
Stage 6: The Sanctum of Light
- Fight your way to the Hall of Champions.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Tirion's body rests below us in the Hall of Champions. We will join you shortly, Deathlord.
- Lord Maxwell Tyrosus says: You will not succeed, Darion. The Light will not allow it!
All the way will be full of Argent Sentries. Once you reach the Hall of Champions, stage 7 will start.
Stage 7: Lady of the Light
- Defeat Lady Liadrin in the Hall of Champions.
- Lady Liadrin says: Death Knight! Your actions here are an affront to all that is holy!
- Lady Liadrin says: Turn back from this unholy mission, or be purged by the Light!
- Lady Liadrin says: By the Light, be purged!
When you defeat her, the final stage will begin.
Final Stage: An Unholy Fate
- Lady Liadrin kneels. Darion, Nazgrim, Thoras and Sally enter in the hall.
- Lady Liadrin says: Such power... how can this be?
- Lady Liadrin says: You are a monster, Darion!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Without monsters there can be no heroes.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: The time has come, Deathlord. Tirion Fordring awaits.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: At last, the Four Horsemen shall have their leader...
- The room starts to be full of Light, and you are knocked back.
- Lady Liadrin says: You fools. Did you really think the Light would allow this?
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: What is this?!
- Lady Liadrin says: The Lich King himself had no power here!
- Lady Liadrin says: The Light protects this chapel, Darion. Darkness cannot abide within the Light!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: NO! I will not allow the Ebon Blade to fall!
- High Inquisitor Whitemane says: Darion!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: The Death Gate... take... it.
- Nazgrim, Thoras, Whitemane enter in the gate, back to Acherus. Darion death grips the death knight adventurer into it with the last of his strength.
You appear in Acherus: The Ebon Hold with Darion dead, and the horsemen around him.
- Nazgrim says: Highlord! We must do something before it's too late.
- High Inquisitor Whitemane says: The Light has ravaged his body. There is nothing we can do for him.
- King Thoras Trollbane says: Even in a lifetime of war, I have never before seen such sacrifice.
- The Lich King says: Darion Mograine has sacrificed more for the Ebon Blade than any other.
- The Lich King says: His body lays before you, broken. Scarred.
- The Lich King says: But death is for the living, it has no power over the damned.
- The Lich King says: Your Fourth Horseman lays before you, Deathlord. Command him to rise.
Right-click on Darion's corpse to raise him.
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Blood ()
- Frost (Blades of the Fallen Prince: and )
- Unholy ()
- Level 102
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.