The Ghostlands (quest)
110 (Requires 110)
- Travel to the Ghostlands with Alleria
- Umbric's Notes - Sanctum of the Moon
- Umbric's Notes - Andilien Estate
- Umbric's Notes - Dawnstar Spire
An extreme solution despite the practice being forbidden.
However, it opens up possibilities for the Alliance. If we can find these outcasts, we might be able to recruit them to our cause and--even more importantly--help them understand the void before it corrupts them.
These lands bring back memories. Some good, some bad.
Umbric's methods are a bit cavalier, but he seems competent. We must get to him before things become too dangerous.
During the duration of the quest, several blood elf NPCs throughout the zone are friendly towards the player.
- On accept
- Anduin Wrynn says: Lady Windrunner, please begin the search for your exiled kin. Perhaps our champion here can assist you.
- Alleria Windrunner says: We will do our best to locate them, High King.
- Alleria spawns a void rift to the Ghostlands.
- Alleria Windrunner says: This way, champion.
Follow Alleria through the rift to reach the Ghostlands.
- Alleria Windrunner says: The Ghostlands. This was once Eversong Forest... a place of unbridled beauty. Windrunner Spire, my family home, stands not far from here.
- Alleria Windrunner says: These woods once brought such joy to me and my sisters. To see them like this... fills my heart with sorrow.
Head south to reach the Sanctum of the Moon. Enter it:
- Alleria Windrunner says: This sanctum was once a testament to my people's mastery of the arcane. Now it is but a ruin.
On a table on the south side of the sanctum at Umbric's Notes - Sanctum of the Moon. Interact with it:is an open book,
Our void experiments are proceeding well. I am certain we are on the cusp of a breakthrough... Despite Rommath's smallminded protests.
Unfortunately, it seems our research has reached an impasse. I believe there is knowledge at the Andilien Estate that will springboard us forward.
- Alleria Windrunner says: The Andilien Estate... yes, I remember it. Come, <name>.
- Alleria Windrunner says: This place looks like it has been ransacked. But perhaps Umbric left behind a clue.
Another table, and at Umbric's Notes - Andilien Estate to read it:another book upon it. Interact with
It seems we are not the first of our people seeking to harness the powers of the void. I have found notebooks belonging to one whose very name is a curse... Dar'Khan Drathir.
Nevertheless, I believe this knowledge can be used for good. The bulk of Drathir's research was conducted at Dawnstar Spire. That is where I must go.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Umbric risks much. He follows in the footsteps of treachery. Let us hope this obsession has not led to his downfall.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Come. We must make our way to Dawnstar Spire.
- Alleria Windrunner says: This place resonates with power. Tread carefully, <name>.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Umbric is a dedicated scholar... but his tenacity turned him and his followers into exiles.
Follow the path upstairs to find Umbric's Notes - Dawnstar Spire floating at in the center of the room:
Drathir's quest for power led him to seek the fragments of an ancient world, one teetering on the brink of the void itself.
His notes said it existed within a rift in the very fabric of reality. He never found this place... but I have succeeded where he failed. The way will soon be open to us!
Drathir believed this site held an ancient object of unspeakable might. Perhaps this will be the key that allows us to gain control over the shadows.
- Alleria Windrunner says: Based on these notes, I believe I can reopen the passage to this world he spoke of. Let me see...
Alleria opens the Rift to Telogrus, but speak with her first.
- 16,450 XP
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Added.