The Grand Melee (Horde)
+250 The Sunreavers
- Gahju <Master of Raptors>
- Handler Dretch <Master of Horses>
- Aneera Thuron <Mistress of Hawkstriders>
- Anka Clawhoof <Mistress of Kodos>
- Morah Worgsister <Mistress of Wolves>
The grand melee is the most important of the tournament's competitions. We know everyone's looking forward to seeing us in the competition. To that end, we've been honing our skills against the valiants representing the other Horde capitals.
I suggest you do the same.
Go to the stables on the southwestern side of the coliseum, equip a lance from the lance rack, mount the stabled hawkstrider, and challenge the valiants. They wait in the Horde Valiants' Ring just outside our tent.
Have you completed your training for the grand melee?
Training against the other valiants will sharpen your claws and hone your battle instincts. When the competition begins, you will be ready.
Any valiant can be challenged and will give marks, regardless of if they're Horde or Alliance
The valiants all fight the same way, starting the fight with two stacks of Defend.
Most of the time the valiants will stay in Thrust range preferring to melee. As long as the player has three stacks of Defend up, let them. The valiant will eventually tire of Thrusting for insignificant amounts of damage and run away to gain enough range to toss a Shield-Breaker followed by a Charge. Let the valiant get some distance, fire off a Shield-Breaker as soon as it is in range, then quickly close to melee distance to keep the valiant from firing off a Shield-Breaker shot of its own.
Rinse and repeat.
- and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
- and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.