Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Guidance of Our Shan'do
110 (Requires 110)
Seek The Guidance of Our Shan'do and put an end to this madness.
- Find Malfurion in Darkshore
- Assist Malfurion
- Use Tyrande's Mount
- Meet with Mia Greymane at the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus.
There is nothing we can do, <name>. We must find our Shan'do and ask for his guidance.
He is the only one who can save us.
You will receive:
<Name>! The tree...
- High Overlord Saurfang says: The warchief faces Stormrage alone! I must...
- Varok tosses his weapon at Malfurion.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: ARGH! Saur...fang?!
- Sylvanas shoots at the Alliance adventurer, incapacitating him or her. She walks to the wounded archdruid. Varok falls to his knees in remorse at his action.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: An audience--perfect! Stay still, Alliance dog. Watch me strike down one of your greatest heroes!
- High Overlord Saurfang says: A dishonorable blow. I... regret it.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Regret nothing. You did well.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: It was not my place to interfere.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: My victory was inevitable. He was merely wasting my time.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Finish him and be done with it. Take a moment, if you like... then take his head. Meet me at the World Tree.
- Sylvanas mounts and rides away.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: You have led... your Horde... in service... of death. You will... regret this day...
- Tyrande appears over a hill and runs to Malfurion.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Malfurion! No!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: You did not kill him, orc. Why?
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I struck without honor. I did not deserve to end him.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: The entire war is without honor. How dare you spill so much innocent blood... for nothing!
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Not for nothing. We spill blood so that the Horde will endure.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Because you spared Malfurion, I will offer you a choice.
- Tyrande walks closer to Malfurion and aims her bow at Varok.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Attempt to stop me from taking him away, and die... or remain there, kneeling in the dirt, and live.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: You have a choice as well. Take him to Darnassus and both of you will fall when we conquer it... or flee somewhere far from here, so that you both survive.
- Tyrande stops aiming at Varok and turns to the adventurer.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: This war is lost. Teldrassil will soon fall.
- Tyrande summons the light of Elune and begins healing Malfurion as Varok walks away.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Take my hippogryph to Darnassus. Ensure that the Horde's occupation is as... tolerable as it can be.
- Tyrande goes to the circle and starts using her Stormwind Hearthstone.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: King Anduin gave me a hearthstone back to Stormwind. There I will tend my love's wound... and help my people find respite from this madness.
- The camera pans along the shore of Darkshore, aflame. The silhouettes of three people are looking at Teldrassil: Varok Saurfang, Nathanos Blightcaller, and Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Secure the beach.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Prepare to invade the tree.
- Sylvanas hears the weak coughing of a dying night elf, Delaryn Summermoon, and turns to her.
- Delaryn Summermoon: Why?
- Delaryn Summermoon: Why? You've already won.
- Delaryn Summermoon: Only innocents remain in the tree.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: This is war.
- Delaryn Summermoon: No... This... is hatred... rage.
- Delaryn Summermoon: Windrunner, you were... defender of your people. Do you not remember?
- Sylvanas kneels down, pulls Delaryn's face up to her, and leans close to her ear, whispering.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: I remember... a fool.
- Sylvanas recollects her fateful encounter with Arthas Menethil, the Lich King, in Quel'Thalas. She and a handful of rangers are launching bow shots at the invading undead. A mother elf with her daughter stumble to the ground near Sylvanas, who pulls the mother to her feet.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Take her! Run!
- Arthas, astride Invincible, appears with his army, rushing toward the line of defense. Sylvanas spares a glance at a defender and springs into action, landing strike upon strike against an innumerable amount of undead. Pulling out her daggers, she intends to land a blow on Arthas, when he unsheathes Frostmourne and runs her through. Tears fall from her eyes, the streaks burning into her skin as Frostmourne takes her soul. She looks at her lifeless body on the ground before spotting the mother and child off in the distance. They too did not survive the attack.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Life is pain. Hope fails. Now you understand.
- Sylvanas, still whispering into the ear of Delaryn, pulls back. Tears fall from Delaryn as Sylvanas looks impassively at her before breaking into a smile. She wipes a tear from Delaryn's cheek.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Don't grieve... you'll soon join your loved ones.
- Delaryn Summermoon: I grieve for you.
- Sylvanas's smirk is wiped from her face.
- Delaryn Summermoon: You've made life your enemy. And that is a war you'll never win.
- Delaryn Summermoon: You can kill us... but you cannot kill hope.
- Sylvanas turns to face Teldrassil before looking back at Delaryn.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Can't I?
- As Delaryn stares at Sylvanas in horror, she turns Delaryn's head to look in the direction of Teldrassil.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Burn it.
- Sylvanas turns her eyes, then her whole body in the direction of Nathanos and Saurfang, upset that her order was not carried out. Nathanos looks at Sylvanas as if to confirm what he heard.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Burn it!
- Nathanos starts to move. The catapults are loaded with burning projectiles and start firing on Teldrassil, landing strikes on the tree. As Delaryn breathes her last, she sees Teldrassil aflame, and Sylvanas on the beach staring at it.
- Belysra Starbreeze says: Please! Help me! I cannot find my daughter!
- Belysra Starbreeze says: Please, anybody! Please find my family!
- Belysra Starbreeze says: Ishala! Ishala! Are you out there?!? Please, Ishala -- listen to my voice!
- Belysra Starbreeze says: I cannot leave without my child! Please, somebody, help!
The Temple is full of Desperate Darnassian Citizens. Priestess Alathea, Sister Almyra and Priestess A'moora are healing them. Other priestesses are throwing water buckets at the flames. Maelir and Dyrhara are channeling a Stormwind portal. Attempting to leave Darnassus will get you a warning and you will be teleported back in the city.
- You cannot abandon your duty, return to Darnassus!
Mia Greymane is in the center. Speak with her to continue.
- (starts July 24/25)
- Complete both:
- Complete both:
- Complete both:
- (starts July 31/Aug 1)
- Complete all of:
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- Activated 2018-07-31.
- Activated 2018-07-31.