The Heart of the Dreadscar
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- Dreadscar Rift claimed
Friend has the artifact! Now Jagganoth does not stand a chance!
Quickly, you must go back to Dreadscar Rift! You may still be able to save your friends from Jagganoth's vengeance.
If you take the heart of the overlord, his army will be yours to command!
The cruel Jagganoth is defeated!
Friend is the new Overlord of the Dreadscar!
This place will be friend's new home. With the Dreadscar under your control, you can come and go as you please!
- 15,050 XP
Walk through the nearby portal (it can't be interacted with) to enter the Dreadscar Rift scenario.
Stage 1: The Council's Vengeance
- Jagganoth Defeated
- Jagganoth says: So... the little warlock returns.
- Jagganoth says: You're too late to save your friends. They have the honor of amusing my lord, Mephistroth.
- Jagganoth says: He will be pleased to receive yet another gift; and I will happily deliver you to him.
- Jagganoth says: Come, warlock! You will be broken!
Run up to Jagganoth and fight him. It should be quite easy, especially by using the artifact. On half health:
- Jagganoth says: This power you wield... it's not possible!
- Jagganoth says: This... cannot be!
- Jagganoth says: Mephistroth will... take you...
Stage 2: Cut Out the Heart
- Calydus says: Jagganoth is slain! Now, take his heart. You will be the lord of the Dreadscar!
Interact with the corpse to take out the heart of the pit lord.
Final Stage: Becoming the Overlord
- Heart placed above the altar
- Command Jagganoth's armies
- Calydus says: Bring the heart to the altar! This way!
Follow Calydus the long way to the altar, placing it at the end. Suddenly, Mephistroth appears!
- Mephistroth says: So, mortal, you have slain one of my generals...
- Mephistroth says: Savor your victory while you can, warlock. This war is far from over!
- Mephistroth says: We will meet again...
- Mephistroth laughs and disappears.
- Calydus says: Friend, the Dreadscar have come to serve at your command!
- Bulzan and a number of Dreadscar Sunderers walk up the ridge.
Dreadscar Rift is now open as the warlock class hall, with the corpse of Jagganoth chained by the altar.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-09-02): "Players who log out during "The Heart of the Dreadscar" should be able to proceed with the quest when they log back in."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.