The Hivemind is a mount that was datamined during the Battle for Azeroth beta but did not make it live with Patch 8.0.1. Blizzard liked the idea, though, and stated that it may be added in the future.
To obtain this mount, one must complete the following riddle: Riddle of the Hivemind.
A true union of minds.
Notes and trivia
- The Hivemind works as a multi-seat mount, but only with the characters that were present during the ritual. Completing the ritual again with a new group will attune The Hivemind with that new group, but it will no longer work with the previous group.
- At the release of Battle for Azeroth, players found a Conspicuous Note on which a brain was drawn, which led the fanbase to believe that it was the first step to unlocking the Hivemind secret. It was actually part of the Riddle of Baa'l.
- During beta, this mount used a placeholder Brain of Yogg-Saron model in the files. At release, it was updated to the model. The Hivemind received its unique model in patch 8.1.0.
Brain of Yogg-Saron model
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Received a unique model and icon and is now available.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ Jeremy Feasel on Twitter - "To clarify, that idea was super cool, but didn't make it into the shipping product. It might be seen again in the future."
- ^ Celestalon on Twitter - "I’ve seen questions about how the Hivemind mount works. The multi-person capability is a special perk just for your established Hivemind group (the 5 people you last completed it with). If you want to link with different people, you can! Just complete it again with a new group."